Burner not working

Tim

Hey Wiz.
Have a Becket 12v burner on Tuff 5.6gpm/ 3000psi skid. While working, hot water stopped. Called manufacturer about problem, and with their help, found two wires in junction box behind panel that had melted against a contact. I pulled them off contact, checked the inline fuse which was still intact, and fired PWer up again. But the burner doesn't come on, nor does the switch light. Is the whole system shorted out/burned up due to the two wires melting to contact? (One of wires that melted to contact was the fuse line, but didn't have bare wire showing. The other wire was one running from switch to junction box).
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Tim

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

Bill Clough

Hey Tim,
Check your burner switch.I have the same machine,and had the same problem on a job once.I trouble shot the circut,and found the switch had burnt up.

------------------
Bill (CPS CLEANING and RESTORATION)
(740)819-2566

H

Hotwaterwizard

There is a box on the flip side of the front panel behind the engine there is a fuse in there check it out.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask I'll help if I can.

Tim

Bill, thanks for the info. I'll check it tomorrow.

Wiz, the inline fuse is still intact so I'll now check the burner swotch.
Thanks

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

H

Hotwaterwizard

Here is the way to find out if one of the components are the cause. Open up the burner where the fan motor is and test the motor and transformer seperately with a 12v battery and a couple of wires Disconnect the fan motor and test it with the battery. tThen test the transformer it should put out a hipitch sound. if they dont work replace them. The transformer could have caused the short and burned up the wires.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask I'll help if I can.

Our Sponsors