Touchless window cleaning

Tony Ward

You have probably seen the ads on TV about Windex's hose end sprayer where you simply spray the solution on the windows, wait a few minutes, and rinse.

I know it won't do nearly as good of a job as doing it by hand but Consumer Reports said it actually did a pretty good job. I have had times when I could have used this method by running a solution through a low pressure spray apparatus.

My question is - Does anyone know the recipe? I doubt it has plain water in it since water is added (thus diluting it)when it is sprayed on.

Incidentally I asked this question not long ago on the Delco board and it was refused for posting. (???)

Thanks,

Tony Ward

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hi Tony,

Not sure what is in that product, but you can probably find out by looking on the bottle.

I have not heard very good things about those products. We do some window cleaning and had costumers, say that they used it and now they need a professional to get it off.

It may work, and it is possible that the problems that people we're having with it, was from not following the directions properly.

If you get any further information on it, be sure to up date us.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

tucker

Tony,
Have never used the stuff but my parents neighbors tried it and were not happy with it. I think my Dad said that it left the windows spotty.
If you have any luck with it let the rest of us know.

Tucker

Tony Ward

Yes, Consumer Reports said that too, that if the directions aren't followed properly then it will leave a haze on the surface which will take much more attention to get off.

I imagine the ingredients are ammonia and maybe alchohol and I think there's one other main ingredient but I don't remember it or the proportions.

Tony

M

Mike@Everclear

Washing windows this way does have merit.
There is a company in my local area that does
a huge amount of business this way. They
clean exterior windows on your average 4 bedroom two story house in 20 minutes...in
and out. They have the customer remove the screens and stack them up in the driveway.

They charge $45-$65 for this service. They get to the house and, using a pressure washer, clean the screens that are stacked in the driveway......then spray some sort of cleaner (I have not figured out what yet) on the windows.....use a brush on a long pole to scrub the window.....then rinse with DI water.

I have spoken to three of their customers. Every one of them is satified with the results of this process. It is
amazing to me. I am considering trying this.....the only thing holding me back is the DI water system

I would love to talk to anyone who has further info on this subject.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

CleanImage

Someone gave me this mix a few months ago - used it on some large commercial buildings and a few houses too. I'm not into using a squeege, but it really works well if that's all you have. I mounted a couple of DI tanks on one of our trailers, so we brush it on windows as needed and rinse with a hose.

Mix 32oz ammonia, 16 oz rubbing alcohol, 16oz vinegar, and water in a 2 gallon container.

Hope this helps!!
Duane - CleanImage

robo404

Technically if your using DI water, you could clean the windows by scrubbing on any cleaning solution. Any thing that removes the grime. the DI water will rinse without spots.

jandjsales

i have been pressure washing for many years, the detergent i use is house brite, it cleans pretty much everything, even the windows. alot of my new customers complain about past pressure washers streaking and spotting their windows, they are pleased when i leave, and i don't touch the windows.

jeff
jjjjjgrant@bellsouth.net

Our Sponsors