attracting new customers

Barry Loy

Attracting new customers seems to be my greatest hurdle in this new adventure.I was wondering how some of you reeled in your very first customers ? I have mailed out flyers to some strip shopping centes, an outlet center with 50 + stores and have made some one on one contacts and still nothing. Thought I would at least stumble across a few customers with the outlet center. My phone is very silent. Any thoughts or recommendations ? Thanks folks !
Barry Loy ...waiting in NC

------------------
Barry & Debbie Loy
Bar-De Pressure Washing
Graham, NC

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
What are you talking about? Residential or Commercial.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Barry Loy

Originally posted by Dan Flynn:
What are you talking about? Residential or Commercial.

Either, however in the second post I was referring to commercial accounts. There, I have sent out flyers to the outlet centers, strip centers, etc. and still no replys. Any suggestions ?
Barry

------------------
Barry & Debbie Loy
Bar-De Pressure Washing
Graham, NC

K

Ken & Kathy

Hi Barry,
We had our first ads placed front pages of the paper for a month, then into the business section of the paper afer that. We also were interviewed for new business and a really big add was again placed in the paper near the front w/our own add below it, and a lg. picture of Ken in front of our p/w trailer which they came to our house and took,(which has in huge decals on both sides, the name of our business,our name and tel. no.(this add was Free) No matter how small of a job we are doing, the trailer goes with us.(for advertising). Seems to be working well for us. Although, we also have the advantage of living in a fairly small town.(pop.6000).
Also, as just a suggestion, to get you going. You may want to make up some flyers w/ your computer, stating
you are having a special on window cleaning, to the first (?) customers of 25% off, or something to that effect, and place between wipers in parking lots etc.
Hope this has maybe given you some ideas.
Good Luck, Kathy

------------------
Northern Lights Pressurewashing and Windows. Ken/Kathy Erb

Our Sponsors