Cleaning screens

Clean County

I just added window cleaning to my business and I already have a few customers. I have a seperate price for cleaning the windows ( which includes glass frame and window tracks) and another price for screens (which is usually ($1-$2) but I'm not really sure in how to go about cleaning them. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks

------------------

K

Ken & Kathy

John,

Luckily enough, all the windows we have done to date,have had the screens on the inside. Our house has the storm windows, with the screens on the outside. We wash them off with a bucket of soapy water, then hose them down and leave to drip while we do the windows, then put them back in, and move on to the next one.
This is how we plan to do them for the business as well.
Hope this has helped, Kathy

------------------
Northern Lights Pressurewashing and Windows. Ken/Kathy Erb

jrc3

i use an electric 1500 p.s.i. power washer. i lean 3 or 4 screens against the truck and hit both sides. i used to lay a couple screens in the drive way, and hit both sides with a soaped up car was brush on a pole, but the power washer is quicker and does a better job. just don't get the spray head any cloer than 6" to 8" from the screen. it's also good to have the power washer for the ad-ons.

squirtgun

screens

while most of our window accounts are commercial,we have done a number of residential.we have used the brush on a pole,as well as,our pressure washer.
jrc is right stay back at least 8" and it helps if we spray the screens(use a pump on sprayer) with a mild soap and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
with metal screens decrease dwell time to 2 minutes.
rinse thoroughly and allow to dry while doing the windows.
all the screens should be ready to re-install by the time you are done with the windows.

Firedkm

I carry a small tabel aprox. 3'x6' with me that I use to place the screens on. A little simple green in a bucket of water and a car wash brush with a handle about 1' long. wash each side the screen and then use a dobie pad to scrub down the metal frames. Rinse it off and put it to the side and go on. Each screen takes about 1 min to wash once I get going.

Dale
Sparkling Detail
Tabernacle NJ

mhpoole

Go to home depot and grab a dust broom (very soft bristles) get one 18 inches wide that way it will fit into your wash bucket. Lay all the screens out on the driveway and clean all of one side then the other. I leave the hose running to keep water on the screens. I am a window cleaner and its the fastest way to get the screens done. i charge 2 bucks a peice.

Our Sponsors