window units?

Clean County

I just added window cleaning to my pw business and I have a question concerning window units that have more than one window to it. If a window unit has lets say to casement windows side by side do you charge double the price to clean it? Or lets say a bay window unit that has 4 windows to it would that be 4 times the price? Thanks for any info on this-John-

Mike Hughes

John,

If you have a bay window with 4 windows, I charge that as four. Sometimes with casement windows, where two are side by side, I count it as one, or maybe just charge a dollar or two extra for that set.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

mhpoole

Window Pricing

This is how I charge not saying it right or enough but its what I do. first floor to do inside and out $5.00 per window, second floor $5-6 per window, Third floor, dont bother, you can make money in other ways besides risking your life. Screens are additional. I do mostly residential work. Here's a little tip, most people have their windows cleaned, dont charge a arm and a leg for the windows, make them happy with a great price, mention you also clean gutters, and restore decks and your a shoe in. 9 times out of 10 you will get the job even if your more money for gutters or decks, simply because you already have a repore with the customer. This is what I have found out anyway. Windows i make about $ 40.00 per hour, Gutters i make about $ 80.00 an hour, Decks I make about $ 100.00 - $ 150.00 per hour. How can i make the money when there are cheaper companies out there? because i clean windows really well. So dont look to make a killin on the windows, use the windows to get you in the door.

Hope this helps..

Mark Poole

Sergei

:) Excellent post, Mark.
How long did it take you to get good at cleaning windows? I tried cleaning my windows several times and just don't seem to have a "talent" for it. Would be nice to add window cleaning to my pw business. I should because they often get dirty after washing houses or roofs.

mhpoole

Window Cleaning

I would say it would take a summer to get good. research what you want to use, i prefer Ettore but there are other brands out there, you can go to www.windows101.com and you can order right from their site and they deliver right to your door.

Our Sponsors