Prices ( bad subject)

Bret Trussell

Well Guy/Gals

I learned something today reading the post in fleet washing.. NEVER NEVER NEVER. ask prices here.. So If you get screwed when bidding on something I hope you learn I've learned a lot in my own mistakes in priceing BUT HEY THAT MAKES US A BETTER BUSSINESS PERSON.There were some good points there.but also it sounded like a bunch of little kids with candy.

------------------
Don't let your bussiness own you!You own your bussiness.And don't lose focus of your family or God above..

Craig Knight

Bret,

Your right and wrong.

Your right about acting like kids.

Your wrong about asking about prices. The issue there wasn't asking prices, but asking costs compared to prices. What was being asked basically was "what is your profit margin so i can compare it to mine and do what is necessary to compete." "How cheap do you get your chemicals, how many units can you do with it."

Look back over the last year, if anyone has a question about what to charge for this or that, they ask, and many respond with what they would charge. But no one asked, "well, what did you make off the job?"

See what i mean, feel free to ask what folks charge for whatever, when your in a bind. We all do it, and most help out with accurate, detailed answers.

Craig

------------------
Craig Knight www.powerwashunlimited.com

[This message has been edited by Craig Knight (edited January 31, 2001).]

Scott Stone

No, it is not a bad subject. Evryone has their own philosophy on the subject. However, it is apparent to me that the people the most offended and the least understanding of our personal policies on divulging prices are those that are newest to the business.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Dan S

Bret i really dont want to go into it again .and i wont. but if you read those post the answer was given .and they did'nt like the answer so they decided to argue....go figure......please guys lets not start over here because i wrote this if ya want to argue over prices go to wal-mart.

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

L

Layman's P/W

It is amazing to me how an innocent question (with no hidden intentions) about actual cost can be so misunderstood.I apologize and will neeeeeeeeeeeeever ask again.

Daren

------------------

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Daren,

No need to apologize for starting a controversial thread. I do it all the time and that’s what makes this board interesting. However if you step out of the realm of professionalism that’s another story. I posted in fleets where you ask the questions that instead of telling prices someone should teach you how to figure out what you should charge. That formula is going to be different for everyone. scott who lives in a 200.000 dollar house might charge more or he may charge less. Cause really how large your house is has nothing to do with it. How well you manage your money has everything to do with it. How you buy chemicals and how much you spend on labor, insurance, supplies equipment, fuel and so on.

When you have been around longer guys will be able to help you more on these tough subjects. I believe if we tell you how much to charge and not educate you how to charge than we are spinning our wheels. Don’t be afraid to ask anything about pressure washing because no question is too stupid. Plus you will be surprised someone may e-mail you the inf. but out of respect for others not share it with the board. It’s not my way if I understood your circumstances I would try to help. Not tell you a price but figure a formula that would get you close. We all have trial and error. 98% of us use the (UHK) University of Hard Knox.

Good luck Daren

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Scott Stone

$200,000?? Oh, but how you underestimate me.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Yah your right there is some monsters where you live. Houses over there run from low 180,000 to probably a mill. Depends on what block your on. Do you know Kyle Scorsby ?

His house was about 1.5 mill. I crew up with Kyle he was our class clown. He lives in the orange groves just up the street. Small world we live in.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Scott Stone

I don't know him, but I know who he is. I think my wife knows him or at least used to. She also knows his Dad. Sure am glad my house isn't up in that range.
There are two houses about a half mile from me, one is 5 mil. the other is 6 mil. I prefer the 6 mil, and would buy it except I would lose all of my kids in it. The game room is 3000+ sq ft.
What a miserable existence.

------------------
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Craig Knight

Hey Scott,

Great article about fleet washing. Thanks for your time and effort.
beer.gif

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Scott Stone

Thanks,
It is kind of a kick to write the articles. It helps me remember the stuff that I am forgetting in my normal routine.
Scott

------------------
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

J

Jim&Shirley

WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP ONE ANOTHER.
I THOUGHT?
were not getting back into this either,
but will reply to any given statment about a post!!!
Why would someone ask what we charge,then get up-set when answered. dont ask if you dont want it posted.
what everyone has to remember is what we do or charge
is for our area, not necessarly in theirs, that is why next to our name it states where were we are from,yes you can lie about that, but its really easy to ck. If there is an unwritten rule maybe everyone should be notified. I thought that if someone ask you something then you should post it so everyone could learn. Especially when a moderator asked us the question. we only posted an answer to his question.

I have noticed that there has been alot of scarcaism lately. I don't know if it is cabin fever or what but I wish everything would go back to the way it was a few months ago. Don't everyone get upset about what someone post. Don't be so touchy. Everything is not pointed toward any particular person.

Jim & Shirley

[This message has been edited by Jim&Shirley (edited February 01, 2001).]

Bret Trussell

Hey you talking about ME?!!!Just kidding.. Jim/Shirley

------------------
Don't let your bussiness own you!You own your bussiness.And don't lose focus of your family or God above..

Our Sponsors