politics suck

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Politics,

One side of me wants to throw up. The other stands behind the governor and is patriotic. Hold on there’s another one, rally behind Jesse Jackson. I hate Jesse but it seems he is the only one that makes me feel better. I thought I would never feel that way. People will forget and time will heal the wounds. I really don’t feel good. It’s not about my candidate loosing. I did not really care witch one of these evils got in. I just wish I knew witch one the American people wanted in fl. Maybe there’s a reason the electoral vote count is not in. fl appointed new ones because they where worried they would not choose bush.

Gore 267

Bush 245

Maybe some other state will vote against bush? It has happened in the past.

By the way this safe harbor ridiculous. During the Kennedy Nixon election Hawaii did not report their votes until December 29.

I think al could drag this out. I don’t think he will; he will not get the support to do it.

Prediction: if they reform the election process in fl Jebb gone. Floridians will throw him out.

Second prophecy: George won’t survive the second term. No one likes looser but people can’t stand cheaters.

Hope fully people will forget. Maybe the economy will double and I will also forget.
Hope fully Jesse will shut up and life will go on.

Gore will give in tonight and we will be stuck with four years of bush.

I feel sorry for al gore because this pressure was enormous for both men. They are not looser both men could do great things to come. Hope fully that’s what will come to fruition.

Sorry for those who do not like politics------I will register as many folks as I can next federal election.

I hope this experience will prompt more people to participate in the entire process. I know I; am guilty and guess no one really to blame but myself for not going down to election headquarter and completing those democrats that filled out their absentee ballots incorrectly. If I had they would have thrown me in jail.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Scott Stone

Just a few points that I disagree with you on.
1. Jesse Jackson makes you feel good because he tells you what you want to hear. That is good, but his sole purpose is to incite the black population into doing something. He does not care about any other population group in the country. His constituency is his only concern, along with the power that he gets from building a constituency. Face it, has he ever held a real job? How can he be as wealthy as he is without ever putting forth a solid days labor? My guess is that it is on the backs of those that give him money.
2. The electoral votes were more important in this election than in the Kenndy-Nixon election because it was so close. The 1960 election was resolved and enough electoral votes were gathered to put Kennedy in the White house, so the Hawaii vote was not important in the grand scheme of things.
3. Your predictions are too closely tied to your own political leanings. Jeb may get thrown out, but, in all honesty it appears to me like he stayed out of the fray pretty well, all things considered. At least he was not in front of the public stating his case, or the case of his brother. In reality, I thought Jeb had more going for him than his brother did, at least from the little bit I saw of him, and what I heard.
4. How do you figure Bush cheated? Gore is the one that kept suing for another count. ( bush won all three of the recounts, by the way) He is the one that kept trying to get the standards changed to count dimpled chads and using them as clear intent. He is also the one that said he wanted every vote counted, but did not want the overseas ballots counted, did not want 15,000 ballots counted in one predominately Republican county counted because of a technicality, and generally drug the process out as long as he could.
Explain to me how come a magnifying glass is needed to look at the ballot cards to determine clear intent? They claimed that the butterfly ballot was confusing, you have lived in Chicago where they still use the same ballots, and Arizona used to use the same type of ballots. In your opinion were they really that confusing? Most first graders can figure them out. And how do you create a dmpled chad? I heard people say that if the waste box was not emptied that it would fill up and block the machine, but, really, is it that possible? I don't feel like it is. Additionally, the ballot card on the butterfly ballots were aproved by a democratic official as acceptable. Is the problem the incompetence of the local democrats? And why would the Florida supreme court step into the fray without a lawsuit being presented to them? It would seem obviouse that they were playing partisan politics with that fiasco, inasmuch as they were all Demcrats or Independents that were appointed by Lawton Chiles, a democratic governor.
5. As for which of the two evils, I kind of have to agree with you. There was not an obvious choice of a stronger candidate in this election.

This had to be one of the dirtiest elections in history, especially on a national level.
Look for someone to want to get rid of the electoral college. I would not support that. That would make it unimportant to the candidates to visit any states except Florida, Texas, California, and New York. With an electoral college, at least every state can influence the election and is somewhat important.

Of course, as always these are my opinions.
Scott Stone

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Hit the Deck

Ron,
I can't understand the pain you feel.
1. Al says "count all the votes", yet he tries to get the military ballots thrown out. That makes him a hippocrit!
2. Jesse shows up outside the court house where they are trying to get the overseas ballots thrown out. He and his buddies are holding signs and chanting "You must count all the votes". That makes him less than brilliant!
3. The democratic party hired a telemarketing firm to inform voters in Florida to punch the second hole down on the ballot. Well, I hate to say this........but, the second hole down on the butterfly ballot was for Pat B. That makes them look foolish!
4. Al Gores big shot lawyer(Boise)shot himself in the foot when he lied about a affadavit recieved from another inept lawyer from Indiana. The affadavit had to do with dimpled chads. The information was incorrect and fraudulant. That makes them incompetent fools!

These are just a few things I find very disturbing about the democratic party. I could go on, but I'm not.
I will say one more thing though.......Thanks to Al Gore, we all get to post our messages here on the internet. That makes him a bold face liar!
I hope that the country can come to grips and back up the next president. He'll do just fine. He can't complete a sentence, but we all need a good laugh.
Take care Ron. I hate to be so blunt, but thats how I feel. Move a little more to the right, your standing too far left.

One more thing...........Merry Christmas

------------------
If you stop to think to think and stop, you'd stop and think to think and stop.

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Scott,

Jesse Jackson---if you did not understand what I really meant is that I was confused about my own beliefs. Just so we are clear I did say I hate Jesse Jackson, well rather what he stands for more than anything. Don’t really hate any one just their ideals. Further more I think we agree on this {quote} hope fully Jesse will shut up and life will go on. Further more I’ am not a Jackson supporter and never will be. Only discontent with the out comes.

Electoral votes--- we need the Electoral College.

Ballots—we do not agree. I think if a magnifying glass needs to be used its pretty simple, illegal vote. You bought into the red Erick that a standard for reading ballots could not be accomplished. Did they? No. Could it be done? Yes. Did anyone want to do it? No. We know some one will develop a uniformed standard and count these ballots. How ever at this point I think gore will not come out the victor. I think if they counted them tomorrow with some standard that is fare, gore would loose. I think when they where doing the recounts they realized that they could not pick up enough votes. It’s just my opinion.

Merry Christmas from a dishearten voter, still a patriot with a belief in my country.

Barn rat,

We will stand together behind bush. He will be a good president and probably accomplish more than any one can imagine

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Comment to the board:

Guess I was distraught more than pissed off. This matter is closed in my book, no sense in really talking about it. I will support the country and try to do more next election to ensure self-gratification. And if I don’t put up I will shut up. {No Comment}at least on this issue.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Scott Stone

You misunderstood my post, just as I misunderstood yours, ain't miscommunication great??

I agree with you on the ballot issue. Any vote that is not clear is not a vote. A standard should be set ahed of the election. It is not right to set the standard after the election. If nothing else it makes it look like partisan rule setting. In this case it was the Democrats. I am sure there are other cases where it has been the Republicans.
As for the Jesse Jackson thing. I am relieved. I totally misunderstood what you were saying.
As for me, I am as much behind Bush as I would be behind Gore. He is the elected leader and that requires my support.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Jon

One one person mentioned I have a few questions.

This um, preacher Jesse, does he not have a church to go preach in?

Has he ever had a church? must have some sort of way to get all that money like Ron said, someone give it to him.

Al Gore, he should retire forever on the money he starts getting now from being a Senator, Congressman and VP.

Now for what this is worth, what I fear most is a lady named Hillary running for President in 2004. She scares me more then Al does and that is what I fear most.

No I am not afraid of a female being President, only her.

Face it there will always be corrupt people and the worst of them are lawyers and if you check most in politics are lawyers.

Enough said from me.

Happy Holidays all.

PS: Ron there is no need to shut up about this, if you have something that bothers you this is one place you can let it out and know we will still consider you a friend.

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
thanks Jon,

glad your relieved Scott,

This is a great place to let off some steam.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

G

Glenn

Bush will go 2 terms. Reagan went 2, Bush went 2, Clinton went 2......
I just predict he will go 2 terms, then Jeb moves in for his 2, hehehehehe
Hillary wont get re-elected.

------------------
"Hmmm, If everyone has a photographic memory... mine must be out of film."

wanderer

America is a great nation but could even be a greater nation if we were not so divisive. We are our worst enemy. Why can't we stop bashing Rev. Jackson and George W? They both have their own agendas and individual causes whether we agree with them or not. I am a democrat but I do believe if George W. is given the opportunity he will do a good job. Remember we have checks and balances in this nation. No one has absolute power. Lets work together and make this country what it is capable of being. Peace.

------------------

Jon

Wanderer,

Some ask for it by what they say or do and that is the case with Jesse Jackson. He shows up uninvited and sticks his butt into other peoples affairs, then takes credit for solving the problem.

His real problem is he is not a leader but a follower, he shows up after the true leaders are there and tries to take over and claim credit.

If you doubt that show me one time he was there first, he always as I said shows up after things get going.

Now let Jesse rest in peace.
------------------

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited December 14, 2000).]

Hit the Deck

Jon,
You hit the nail on the head. Your exactly right! After I read your post, I sat here for about ten minutes and tried to remember which crisis he was there first. I'm stumped! Good going Jon! Now I have a headache......LOL

Take care, Cliff

------------------
If you stop to think to think and stop, you'd stop and think to think and stop.

Scott Stone

,Hey Glenn,
Bush the father serves one term. He is the one that the Democrats ran Clinton against because they needed someon to sacrifice. They thought that there was no way they could win against Bush as we were coming off of the Gulf wat. Unfortunately, Bush made a series of bad decisions nd lost his porpularity, and Clinton is acknowledged as one of the best campaigners of all time. Throw in a little Ross Perot, and Clinton got lucky (Not an intended play on words) and the nation got him.

------------------
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Jon

Ok I know it is getting old now but another thing on Jesse.

Now that Gore and Bush are done fighting and Gore offers to help Bush in all ways possible and they agree to this along comes Jesse and turns on his flamethrower to attempt to burn that bridge down.

The two who wanted to be President end and make up, so explain why Jesse is against moving forward and putting all what has happened behind us.

This coupled with all the TV talk shows is going to do more harm then if all media would simply say it is over now folks.

Let's all pull on the same side of the rope for a better future for all.

Remember we are all individuals and as such have our own opinions yet we all agree if we want to get things done we work together and put our personal feelings aside.

Jesse listen up here, your a jerk who would rather create trouble then heal the sick.

There is one other almost as bad as Jesse, that is this Sharpton guy, he and Jesse tend to agree on many things.

Ok I am done on this subject, anyone wishing to continue it with me please do so by E-mail.

There are better things for us all to do, YES that includes ME.

------------------

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

EDROCK

<FONT size="6">Text</FONT s><FONT COLOR="Blue">DONT GET RID OF JESSE.....JUST BE AN OTHER HOLIDAY.....LOL</FONT c>

------------------

Dan S

Ron there is things i dont agree with on your post ..but that is okay, it maybe me not you .....

but you said something i really respect you for and that is. i may not get this word for word but you will know what i mean.

" we will stand behind bush he will be a great president and accomplish more than one can imagine."

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

JR Wood

I say have a massive investigation into vote fraud and we will see who won.So far in florida they found 400 something fraudulant votes for gore.I am pretty sure if you discount the million plus illegal immigrants who were givin amnesty and the right to vote by president clinton as well as the convicts in prison and all the homeless people who were paid ciggarettes to vote for gore the popular vote would have went bushes way too!I say have a national standard election process with a voter card that can be used like an atm.You would a much different out come.

------------------
J.R WOOD POWER WASHING*1-800-782-9919
ABACUS DECK CARE*1-866-7-ABACUS
J&B SNOW PLOW*1-973-328-6650
SHOWCASE LAWNS OF NEW JERSEY*1-866-SHOCASE

DID SOMEONE SAY DIVERSIFY?

Our Sponsors