House Washing

Maz

When washing houses, I find the only way to get the vinyl clean many times is to get the nozzle close to the area being cleaned. My concern is water getting behind the siding/fascia etc. and causing damage. Is it possible foe water damage to occur? I think it is impossible to wash a house without getting water behind the vinyl.I use 3000psi, 3.5gpm cold water. I was using a 40 degree nozzle, but am trying a 25 degree tip. I usually use a mixture of bleach and water to kill algae/mildew. I have had cases where I could not remove dirt by simply washing-I had to brush then rinse. Any input as to proper washing techniques. Also, will TSP hurt glass?
Thanks,
Mark, La.

spraymasters

Hey Maz,
Sounds to me that your chems are not doing the job for you. The bleach will get all the mildew and spores off the house but you need a good detergent to aid in getting the dirt off and to help in making the bleach "stick" to the house. What is your percentages in your mix? You might want to increase them. I also use a 40 degree nozzle and go from board to board just being careful not to get too close. You really should only need a good rinse not a forceful rinse to get the dirt off. If you do you might want to apply a second coating of chems and try again. What is not coming off the first time? Black streaks? Dirt? If it is a real dirty house you need to be careful about letting the chems dry before you rinse. I have found if you do that then you have to "pressure" the dirt away. Feel free to email me or ask anything more here. Hope I helped. Just my 1 cent worth!
Dennis
smile.gif

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Robert

I also had this problem when I first started washing houses. First used soap & bleach which did okay, but found out at times I had to made it stonger at times. Of couse just starting out I was looking for a better way. Start using a product call new again. What I like about this was it cut my time in half, also use it when washing concrete,wood work,and roofs.I run 4000 psi 6gal a min. unit which I run 2 wands which dosn't run that pressure,but if I do I back off a little bit. Use a 25 tip. This is my input and if there is a easier way please let me know... Was reading this board last night and no but no I am not tying to sell a product...... HAVE A NICE DAY.......

Harold Brantley

This works for me. I use 12%-15% chlorine and add approx 3%-4% detergent. I apply this thru the downstream injector. The stronger chlorine works usually withe one application even in the winter time. This kills the mildew and lifts the dirt. I flush with plenty of water and have had no problems with plant damage. You don't have to get the nozzel close to the surface if the chemical does the work. I can direct the low pressure chemical solution 2 and 3 stories high with a 4 foot wand using the right chemical nozzle, then flush with the right 0 deg high pressure nozzle. Finding the right nozzles was a lot of trial and error and a lot of $ for the many nozzles I tried. If you are not experiensed, watch out for wind when spraying high up, the over spray will kill plants if not rinsed. Also don't apply chemical to more surface than you can flush before it dries or the surface will streak. Good Luck!!

------------------

M

Mike@Everclear

If you are not already, try pre-soaking the house with water before you apply the chemical. I do this with a zero degree tip.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors