Cost of running a message board

Clean County

Dan, I keep hearing that it is expensive to run these message boards or even to have a message board for that matter. If that is true than how do you keep this board afloat. I don't think I would be to keen to the idea of charging members a fee to be involved with this board but if it is that expensive to keep this site around then how can we raise money to do so? Also let me know if we can donate money and where to send it to help keep your board to continue at this excellent level that you have obtained. -John-

------------------

Dan S

come -on guys who cares?????
if it is such a burden on Dan to have this board ,dont you think he would say something?
look at the top of this board what do you see?
easy route plus......
zep......
pressure washer zone......
cleaner times magazine.......
do you think that got there without some support??
i think not.
dont you think he can write this off?
i am tired of hearing about this $$$$ thing if you want to give GIVE...
Dan if you need some financial help please respond to our cry's....i guess we have sacks of money laying around to give you but apparently you dont want it......

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT size="6"><FONT COLOR="Red">-----------------------
look.gif
----

---------------------
look.gif
------------------
look.gif
----

--------
look.gif
-------------------
look.gif
-------

--------------
look.gif
--
tongue.gif
-------------</FONT c>
</FONT s>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Considering this board is operated from a regular contractor just like the viewers, and not a retail / what ever company. The expense falls on me alone. I feel that this is why this board is the best. There are no profits involved. Just contractors getting together. If you want to know the cost. That is hard to determine exactly. If you counted the hours spent each month maintaining, not including posting questions. The cost of software, CGI scripts, Internet space and bandwidth it is considerable, considering the comments of a dollar here and there on this board. The more we use it the more it cost. This is a choice I made when I decided to create it.

At that time I stated that this would be our board. Meaning the members. We all know this board is by far the best on the Internet. But more importantly it is a free place to meet as a group.

I feel that on our 1 year anniversary I will ask for donations, which will be on a volunteer basis. If you want to help out and feel you benefit from it fine, if not that would be your decision. If and when the time comes, it becomes too much of a burden financially or time consuming. I will just shut it down. Let someone else start a board, at that time.

I personally feel that we are a group and we should all help support it. But at the same time I would never hold it against someone if they could not pitch in. You can only do what you can do, and I understand that.

So on Feb 12th I will ask, if you can help thanks. If not thanks anyway and don't worry about it. I hope I have put an end to this. How ever please visit the sponsors. We would really be in trouble with out them.

P.S. As a few people stated about my expenses with this board. Don't worry Dan can write it off. Well so can you. Just a note. Either way, just enjoy it while it’s here and lets move on.

Happy Cleaning

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Dan S

thank you DAN .............now im in ...........

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

Mike Hughes

I'm up for that too.......but perhaps in April......no money in Feb!!!

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

JR Wood

Ditto on that one Mike, Right now I'm snow plowing for my supper.Count me in for April.

------------------
J.R WOOD POWER WASHING*1-800-782-9919
ABACUS DECK CARE*1-866-7-ABACUS
J&B SNOW PLOW*1-973-328-6650
SHOWCASE LAWNS OF NEW JERSEY*1-866-SHOCASE

DID SOMEONE SAY DIVERSIFY?

Bret Trussell

Great here we go again..........lets start another debate [yawn}
Bret

------------------
Don't let your bussiness own you!You own your bussiness.And don't lose focus of your family or God above..

EDROCK

COUNT ME IN .......LET ME KNOW.......THIS BOARD HAS HELPED ME ALOT......COUPLE BUCKS WON'T KILL ANYONE...

------------------

Jon

Dan F.

Do you accept payments, ZERO down and ZERO a month till it is paid off with NO interest!!!

Now to be serious here I am in, when you let us know what we can do you can count on me.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

I don't want anything to happen to this board. Count me in (won't be much, but every bit should help, right?)

I'll think of it as an "educational investment" or even better a "tuition". I've already learned enough to justify a contribution. (been a member since this morning)

Now is the time!!!!
Come on and rally 'round the board People!!

Think of how it must have been way back when our beloved "powerwashing" industry was born. The first pioneers into this vast, untamed world of dirt, filth and muck did not have a BBS to turn to when problems arose, or questions on technique came up. I'm sure there were many who would have been thankful to have a place to turn when they accidently killed the neighbor's horses while cleaning up the horse and buggy fleet simply because they used the wrong tip or chemicals, or blasted a hole in the side of old Jedediah's barn, because they used a machine that was just too big for the job.....

Oh, what they would have given for a BBS to turn to for answers. And they probably wouldn't have thought twice about sending the Administrator a bag of grain, a small pig, maybe some eggs, just to keep the pipeline of information flowing.

These men/women paved the way for what is now in place. A safe haven for those who need advise, have questions, are new, or those who just need a place to blow off steam.

Dare I say.... that this forum is as essential to the Powerwashing industry as the machines we rely on every day. (or just on weekends if you're starting out like me. Never mind, that's not imortant now)

I leave you with this thought....If we are to continue to conquer the dirt, grime and filth of this great nation, we must stand behind Dan Flynn and his BBS, and we must continue to fight the good fight, together !!

P.S. Yo, hey Dan,
If this don't work, man, sorry. Ya know, I uh, tried my hardest, man.

Peace! Later!!

------------------
Shawn George
Pressure-Tek Pressure Washing LLC
stgeorge@bellatlantic.net

Dan S

what part of pa are you from shawn?

seems like there is a bunch from this state ...maybe we all need to get together someday for a cup of coffie?

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Shawn George

Hi Dan S,

Just outside Philadelphia. How 'bout you? Getting together for coffee is a great idea. Sooner the better! Hey Mike, you game?

Later!
Shawn

------------------

[This message has been edited by Shawn George (edited February 09, 2001).]

Dan S

about and hour from the famous penn state LIONS......
<FONT size="6">ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!</FONT s>

<FONT size="4">COFFEE DAHHHHHH.......BOY MY SPELLING SUCKS.......</FONT s>

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

PUREPOWER

HEY!!!!!!!

I like coffee too!!!
Can I come...pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease????

I can drink it now that I kicked that nasty weight lifting habit!!! hahahahahaha

And guys & gals....I really don't drink that much. I have a 5 year old I watch alot during the cold months. She is more important than
beer.gif

Big Birthday party today for her...25 people at the house. 13 kids from 2 years old to 13 years old.
joyjoyjoyjoyjoy. (of course it will be after the Bud Shootout!!!!!!

Jordan
beer.gif

hey Dan...can we have a java smiley?

------------------

Mike Hughes

Jordan,

I'll come over later tonight to celebrate #3 not winning the shootout
beer.gif
..........and every other Chevy for that matter! Just kidding. Watch out for those Dodge's though.

Mike

Shawn George

Hi Jordan,

Yeah for the coffee!, the more the merrier!

So you got rid of that nasty weight lifting habit, huh? Probably best, they were going to start making laws so that you people could only do that stuff outside anyhow....oh, and did you notice, they've gotten rid of all the weightlifting sections in restaurants too!! LOL

You've GOT TO POST and let us know how the party went. I also have a 5 and 9 year old and I know how their parties get (most kids we've had is about 5, so you are in uncharted territory with 13).

Later!
Shawn

------------------

PUREPOWER

Hey Y'all,

Party went awesome.. Only one split lip my 5 year old girl head-butted a ten year old cry-baby nephew. I swear I did not laugh!!![spin2] heeheeheeheehee
One can of coke spilled on the new gameroom burburburbur carpeting...the wife just HAD to have white down there. My brother in law ate all of the cashews out of a five pound can of Planters mixed nuts.
He also drank too much of my
beer.gif
he's a jerkoff anyway.
I got the candles that keep relighting for the kid's cake.......they did not work
mad.gif

Gave my brother all of my old management clothes from when I was in the restaurant business. That was a hell of a triumph to get rid of the reminder of working for someone else!!!!!

And best of all...the sister in law that drove my one brother to file chapter 13 bankruptcy was sick and could not come. DARN.
boldred.gif

Went to bed
2sleepy.gif
, got no
smileysex5.gif
, but the kid was happy all day long...that is all that mattered.

Thanks for letting me share my agony,
beer.gif

Jordan

------------------

Our Sponsors