old 1 ton truck

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">I have found an old 1 ton ford truck,47 model.Do you think something like this would be ok to fix up and use as a work truck,if dolled up.Or do you think its a mite to much? I can put diesel engine and auto trans in it.Maybe paint it yellow haha.Don't know how the customers will take to it.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Jon

Hey Bigboy,

Yeah them classic trucks would look great fixed up, but um, try another color ok, I mean<FONT size="6"><FONT COLOR="Yellow">YELLOW</FONT c></FONT s>just ain't gonna cut it man.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited February 11, 2001).]

Mike Hughes

I agree.......no yellow.
laughing.gif

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

PUREPOWER

Bigboy.....

Frankly, I feel disappointed in the fact that the vehicle has no resemblence of a bowtie. Being the fact that the "F" word truck is old and an antique, which I do have a strong appreciation for, I thought you would have rather found a Chevy for restoration.

But....THAT'S OK!!!! Just want to know why...why...why.
I have tears in my eyes.
boohoo boohoooooooo boooooooooohoooooooooo

i need a
beer.gif
to soak all of this in.

Jordan

p.s. NO FREAKIN' YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
dead.gif

------------------

Shrido

Hey Bigboy,
sounds like a plan to me, I have been thinkin bout doin the same thing myself but its still only a thought. them old trucks are really cool with all the curves, just plain classy in my eyes. Hope ya getit and make it look really sharp, as far as the yellow, it might not look to bad. ya dont see to many like that and it just might draw the right attention to ya and when they see the lold truck ppl will say " hey theres the p/w guy" jsut a thought. let us all know how things go, and what all ya do to it. and lots of picks to . Till then enjoy.
John

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Crimson">YEL man I know,I sort of didn't want to say what kind just model.

But when I said dolled up I ment with a 6.1 CHEV diesel engine with Auto turdo granny.What would be ok wouldn't it,you know them old things that chev keeps carring around.I know I would be dragging around something dead but maybe the new paint will keep the smell down.

I just hope I can talk him out of it,it was setting way back in his backyard with no grass or weeds around it,not a good sign.He's a model welder and they say he's good at it,so I already know my mouth work will be cut for me.You know how them good and good at it guys R,yel no reason to sale it but don't want to do nothing with it but may need it one of these days and its paid for.I think he's that type and if you have ever run into one you know what I mean.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.

Dan S

go for it man but good grieve why <FONT COLOR="Yellow">yellow</FONT c>........i like the older ones alot better then the new... i can send ya more pic's of my 1939 dodge .i got pic's of it with the top chopped. it's not complete yet . if ya want to take a look let me know i didnt want to clutter up your mail unless ya wanted to ccc it .i chopped the top 3 " and now it's going to be a convertable with a chop top......

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">Yes,by all means,,would like to see it with the chopped top plus as you go pic's.The body looked in real good shape to be a 39 errrr dodge.I wish now I had took pic's as I was doing the two trucks.

Has your dodge the 6 or 8 flathead or are you going to soup it up with a chevy,haha,maybe an oldes rearend.In other words is it going to be a street'rod or just mom and pop car.

I'm working on a oldes engine now to take the place of the souped up 430 in the white truck.

No,if I get the old 1 ton it want be painted yellow but maybe t pink or viber red.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Jon

Hey Dan S.

Send me some of those pics too.

Bigboy he gonna put a Cummins Deisel in it and blow you away.
laughing.gif

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Dan S

i'll send you guys some pic's.my brother was in town and he snapped them with his digital...and sent them to me i still dont have a camera......love to get one but im in the process of spending lot's of $$$$$ and the camera is'nt one of 'em....
yes sir big boy street rod......i'm putting a 350 small block in it...if ya know any one that wants the flat head 6 let me know.........it runs it just needs a lil . T.L.C..............

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

G

Glenn

Bigboy,
Have you seen the 2001 model Ford Ranger pickups in yellow. Looks real good. Maybe you could get the color number from a local Ford Dealer.
Glenn

------------------
"Hmmm, If everyone has a photographic memory... mine must be out of film."

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="MediumBlue">Hey Glenn,I've seen the new yellow ford has,its pretty.Guess a fellow could paint it yellow with orange lighten,haha.
I've done had a yellow,orange,concord blue,camel brown and gold,I have one thats viper red now.
I know one thing its hard to pick a color when they are so many to chose from.Have you seen the color white that will turn med. blue under lights after dark.
The white one I have will turn a pale light yellowish mint blue under lights,depends where your standing.

He wasn't home today when I went to check on the 1 ton,I wanted to go out and look it over but wouldn't b/c no one was home.

Hey Dan,man you done and went and screwed a good car up,why didn't ya just go and buy some sheet metal j/k.Are going to make a street rod or dirt tract racer,looks like roll bars sticking out of it.I just got the new JEG'S High Performance catalog you should see the street rod on the cover MAN,looks redish orange and the paint job is something else to see.It looks as smooth as glass with a high shine.I bit he don't use acid or a brush on it
laughing.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Our Sponsors