Your opinion,

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Your opinion,

Where is there more pressure washer located?

Does population the only thing that determines this? Or do you think states like Florida & California will have more just because the weather is nice?

Can we really get and answer because so many companies choose not to have yellow page listings?

State your location and guess how many you have in your area. I think in phx we have 600 plus, that’s not including the rest of the state. I think we have about four new one every week. I base my numbers on cards I have collected thru the years. I also know all my distributors and have asked how many people they set up every week.

If your could include in your estimate you’re your reasons tat would be great.

I’m just curious as to know what every one thinks they have around them. kepp the answers simple if you can.

Mike, jon, scott, cody, graig, dans, bigboy we already know you don’t have anyone else there in Arkansas, you other guys live in populated areas

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Mike Hughes

There are about ten of us in our local yellow pages, but countless others out there. Then of course there's all of the painters that p/w on the side.....

There's no fool proof way to count them all. 70% of those cards you have Ron, they are probably out of business already. It's hard to tell.

As you proved a while back, SIC codes dont even tell the whole story.

Its really just a big mystery.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Hit the Deck

Ron,
New Hampshire has a total of about 10 listed in the yellow pages. If I were to guess the number of others not listed..........I would say, maybe 20. Later, Cliff

------------------

J

Jim&Shirley

Here in Memphis,tn. yellow pages approx. 33 p.w. listed
and sunshine pages approx 40 listed this is where we also list,because its reasonable for what they offer,
and then we would say there are at least 30-40 more doing pressurewashing not listed, and of all of these we would say only about a third of these have lic, and insurence,and p-tags as required by law, and about a third have cold water Machines which is ok for some jobs. and we would say most dont last long, they dont understand what it takes or what is Involved, for some reason they think they can go to home depot and get a machine and there in busness for themselves, we have seen this they dont last long. the machines at home depo are ok for non commercial cleaning but we have found that they just don't last long and are kind of hard to get repaired.
sorry for the long post got carried away.

On adverage here a pw company will only last about 6-8 months, winter usually breaks them. We found this out when we went to pay off our first machine and the girl at our supplier said she didn't know if we were to get a title or anything because no one has ever paid one off they usually have to go get them.

Jim & Shirley

------------------

Bridget

To date in Michigan I have found 203 active washing companies. I am currently working on a washer database. I get my data from searches on Switchboard.com and other directory listings. By pulling searches on Trucks washing, House washing, Pressure cleaning etc... you may get some of the same but you also get quite a few different companies under each catogory. As previous posts have mentioned a lot of wash companies (as well as other business outside of the washing indusrty) do not put money in yellow page advertising.

We had a WONDERFUL WASH WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
Ya hoooooooo

------------------
Bridget
United Mobile Power Wash
Our Power Is In Our
Performance
WWW.WeWashTrucks.com

Dan S

we only have 'one' yes one....listing and they are 60-miles away......and to my knowledge there are 6 of us in my area p/wing........
i dont advertise and i guess either do the other 5.. but they advertise alot in our local paper.....dont know how busy they are but i do know that i get alot {some} of there job's that they bid.......
besides ya know what really gets me to think is all the factory workers being laid off..... and countless other big company's closing there doors....
where do all these people go for work .i guess some may move some may find another job... but i always wonder how many of them are going to buy a p/wer from freakin wal-mart and KO--BOOMMMM another dude with a wand.....

i know Ron i way off your question but i had to vent im home alone and needed to talk 'type' to someone.

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Jon

Nothing under pressure washing.

Redlands phone book:

Steam cleaning:5
Steam cleaning auto:1

San Bernardino phone book:

Truck washing:4
Sand blasting, yes you read it right, most ads say wet or dry: 12
Steam cleaning:9

Some also list other things like sweeping, window cleaning etc.

I know for a fact there are at least 12 to 15 in Redlands, see them driving around, most are not totally legal meaning no insurance and/or city license.

If I were to check all the phone company phone books for my area there would be a lot more.

Another way to find puressure washers is under janitorial services.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Our Sponsors