My Take On, The Hey PUREPOWER Post

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
<center>I did want this post buried under 30 others</center>

Ron,

If you think the PWNA is truly a non profit organization your wrong. Many of the top people own companies and use the PWNA to their benefit. Just take a look at everyone on the board. More power to them. But my opinion is, if that benefit was not there for them they would not be there.

Glenn,

One of the main problems about the PWNA is the story you tell is the same story we hear from many. The defense of that complaint is pushed off on to the other members not taking responsibility. Well I think that is wrong. If an organization is not willing to take responsibility for there faults and has a real big problem responding to current and potential new members.

That is a basic fundamental problem that should be handled without a problem from an organization with 8 to 10 years behind them.

I am also frustrated and feel that the concept is there yet nothing happens. Truthfully the benefits I hear people say the get from the PWNA are limited to communication with other contractors.

Here is my break down. 250.00 per year plus close to a 1000 per visit to the conferences give or take a few hundred depending on location, food, and car rental. Bla bla bla. So potentially 2000.00 per year give or take a few hundred plus or minus. Which pays for a conversation with others 2 times a year.

Powerwash.net along with a few others provides the same concept for free everyday in almost real time. I think this is why so many have the same complaints. I feel that if you start and grow an organization that has 8 to 10 years behind it and can't provide more, than an Internet bbs there is a problem.

I may be wrong but the true benefits go to the higher up. They have access the many potential customers. They are perceived as the trusted elite and members and non-members will purchase from them. While I feel that we should support our peers. There seems to be a conflict of interest. There has to be a change there before a change will happen below.

This situation may or may not have been planned from the begging. But it is a problem. This may offend some but the facts are visible. I am certainly not pointing fingers. But look at the whole picture. Review the board members and then review what type of business they are in. This will range from Insurance people, distributors and franchisers to a few contractors.

The people that complain all have the same story, so obviously this is not a few trying to cause trouble. There are many that say nothing. It is very hard for me to voice my opinion here. The last thing I want is people to think I am against or bashing the PWNA. I am voicing my opinion on a public forum in hopes the people who can truly make a difference will read the opinion from their members and potential members.

I honestly feel that we should support the board members personal companies for their help. But they can't forget the main purpose of there spot on the board. Why should they be rewarded for organizing a structure to keep money flowing to their independent businesses? If they benefit financially on the side, they should give even more.

After 8 to 10 years there should be more benefits than a place to meet 2 times a year. It is not necessarily the member’s responsibility to grow the PWNA. It is the responsibility of the board with the help of the members.

The cost is not the problem. It is the lack of support and benefits. Members pay, get disappointed and do not renew. If they had a true reason to stay they would. This would increase revenue, which would benefit the PWNA in many ways. More money = more benefit which = more members which = more money. It is a circle that should grow at a rapid pass after a few years. Not become somewhat stationary after 8 to 10 years.

I voice this opinion to be challenged. A good challenge can uncover a problem or prove that there isn't one. Yet ultimately improve something. Until the changes are made at the top, you will have a hard time convincing the lower end of the spectrum to do things to help. Especially most join to get help and benefits for their own company.

At this point I would love to have people reward my hard work and time, by sending me 2000.00 per year. For this wonderful opportunity of communication we provide right here day in and day out. SOUNDS PRETTY SELFISH DOESN"T IT.

My main point is I feel that the founders of the PWNA had a wonderful idea and are the main reason this board is on the net. HEY GREAT IDEA. That idea has spawned many avenues of communication for all of us.

But have they gotten of track, are they forgetting the original idea of this whole thing. Has money become an issue?????. I don’t have an answer and I personally do not know what to do to improve the situation. But in defenses of the little old members. We did not come up with the idea; we were just lured in by the ideas and promises. So is it our responsibility. (Yes) to voice our opinions to get the people who have started and the people who have chosen to be elected to the board to make it better.

If incite from members and potential members isn’t taken to heart and help to guide the PWNA in the right direction then the board members who don’t agree should move on.
Or is the limelight too much to pass on, considering the potential personal gain. If nobody says anything nothing will change. If you wish to be a part of the structure, you are asking for that responsibility. Step up to the plate and make a difference or get lost. Stop saying it is the member’s responsibility. The members will give when they get from the people who chose to run the program.

Bottom line, great idea. Make members want to stay and put up what you say that draws new members. If you choose to be in position to take the heat, deal with it and do the things it takes to make the changes you’re paying members request.

People join organization for one reason. Benefiting their situation, period. I joined the PWNA because I believed what they said they had to offer. I believed what they said the future had to offer. I saw neither. I join the Chamber because I believed what the said they had to offer and I see it. Again if you start something you put yourself in a situation to deliver, if you don’t, can’t or decide to take more than you give and are not willing to do what it takes to make a change. I don’t want to hear you cry. I want what I was promised or you got to go or I got to go.

Remember the majority, who join an organization. Join for the sole purpose of benefiting from being part of a large group. If they feel that they have wasted their money, they will not stay. You can’t blame them, you have to blame the organization. They made all the promises to get you to join. If the organization does not put up what they say, they must take responsibility. Give what you promise and you will retain. Give what you promise and you will grow. Give what you promise you will get it back 10 fold. How you ask. Members will then be willing to take the time to give back.

So I don’t want to hear the PWNA is not what it should be because the members don’t get involved. Give them a reason. You said you would before they joined!!!!!

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

G

Glenn

Dan,
A little long, but well worth the read. I couldn't agree more.
Glenn

------------------
"Hmmm, If everyone has a photographic memory... mine must be out of film."

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at this from the outside, yes I’m not a member and I think the 250.00 is a nominal fee to carry a card in your pocket if it meant something. We know that it doesn’t mean a whole lot at this point.

Hey if you started and organization tomorrow if you didn’t get a whole lot of volunteers you would need a few million dollars to have a nation wide org. I think a lot of organizations run on a lot less money than you or I think they do because they have members willing to spend there own time and money. The board members of the pwna are probably people that have made a good living and can do what they do for free. I was told that board members are not being paid that was my first question.

I think everyone wants to put there 250.00 in and at the end of the year get back 1250.00

I don’t mean to be harsh but I cant see that happening, I think if you work hard at something sometimes that is your reward and that is what you got from it. Lets face it cali didn’t a lot of work for free and never received compensations. If you were to ask the question would you do it again I think she would because she benefited also from the hard work. Maybe they don’t realize they did and they will answer never again. That would be a shame.

Dan,

Members always join these types of organization to receive hand outs, your right. That’s why their organization is not working.

Many other types of organizations people join to be part of and help them selves and others. If you stand together you will make and impact on what you are trying to accomplish.

Something I have never seen is what people really expect from the pwna. I hear I want insurance, I want this or I want that. I can get a better price on my own why should I use their insurance why should I buy their office products. When and if will they ever have buying power if the members will never use there stuff. I’m not saying it’s your fault because its sound like they have not even come close to getting good pricing.

These people are going to give me back my 250.00 after I join because it sounds like I will become a pain in there a _ _.

We can do three things, we can join the organization and support, we can start a new org. or we can just not do anything and life will still go on.

I will join this organization because I’m curious to see if everything I’m being told is true. I will send my money after I get my applications sometime this week. When I join I will try to get a local meetings in my area. I will see if we can have representative to help not do everything that needs to be done. We also learn many things from hard work and I’m sure contractors in my area are willing to help. I have talked with many and know they will join also and we will hold a few seminars and invite others to come that are not members. I think a fund raiser to help our chapter raise money for both children’s programs as well as further development of the industry will be a good thing. Maybe we take our portion and organize a fund raising dinner where local members can rub elbows with the right people. these are the things and organization can do and you can also benefit but at the same time you can do something for the community.

This idea I join and I will receive great wealth is Bs. If you want better ins. group discounts and other things find them send it to the members and the board. Put the heat on them to make the changes. Like I said they may give me back my 250.00 after I’m done pushing.

You’re right the board members are fat and don’t probably care about the small guy. be heard stand behind something and make the changes. Lets get mike hughes elected to the board, better yet lets get you dan elected to the board or maybe both. Who ever are elected it can’t be a sell out guy. No yes-men, we need a strong individual that will represent the pw guy. That would mean Dan s couldn’t run ha ha ha, just kidding Dan s.

We can talk about it all we want but until I join I shouldn’t say another word and we should organize a campaign that we are going to get a seat on that board. we need to stop talking about how bad they are and take the bull by horns and change something.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Our Sponsors