What a wash

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hey,

Yesterday I had a really interesting deck strip job. Meaning the weather. It was raining lightly most of the day. We were expecting a line of thunder storms to come later in the day.

Well, they did. I just kept washing. I had a full rain suit on and the rain really does not bother me. Actually I enjoy a rainy wash day now and then.

About 3 pm came alone and I just finished putting on the stripper. The sky got darker and darker. The wind picked and I was just thinking, give me 5 or 10 more minutes of dwell time. I got it. Started to wash and here came the rain. Visibility zero, wind 60 plus. I took a minute to check it out and started washing again.

Then came the fun part. Hail started coming down as hard as the rain. I was loving it. I kept washing, the next thing I know there is 2 to 3 inches of hail on the deck floor. Now that was the most interesting wash situation I ever had.

What about you.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash
www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">
How dat was a hail of a store-E
laughing.gif

Boy not me,if it looks like rain me saying home.I used to like washing in D rain,it made rinsing alot easier but one day a thunder storm came up back me,I was almost done with dat side anyway and before I knew it a twister gone got me,I was inside going around and around while I was there I think I wash half dozen trucks or so before I realized it was the same truck just going different ways.

No,if I had a enclosed unit I would wash more in the rain but I have an open trailer and its alittle dangous trying to get stopped on wet payment but do at times wash in Wittle rain.

I was cought out one time in a hail storm when little driving tractor on D farm and I told the good LORD if he would only let me make it to D barn without hurting me to bad I would be gooder.I had already tried getting under D tractor but there was no place to hide it was comeing from everywhere.My dog(tag)was hallowering man and you couldn't have stopped him with a 22 dat how fast he was heading to D barn after he seen there so hiding under the tractor.

Just be careful when out washing in the rain ya never know if lightening may take a liking to your wand.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Detroit MI CKEC

Hello Dan,

We regularly deal with thunderstorms cleaning kitchen exhaust systems. The last one I experienced snuck up on me because I was so engrossed in the fan that I was cleaning. I felt the concussion of the thunder and looked up in time to see the flash, for a second I thought I was seeing that bright white light at the end of the tunnel. Holding a lightening rod and being esentially grounded I didn't care to be a practical exercise in a physics experiment, I low crawled off of the roof (I must have looked pretty ridiculous) and when I reached the ground and the worst of the storm passed I pulled my hose and lance off of the roof only to return topside just before we left to get my chem tank.

At the time I was sub-contracting for a big company and spoke with their scheduler the next morning about their (5) crews that were forced to stop working the night before because of the same storm front. I'll never forget that night and how lucky I was. We won't even go topside with heat lightning in the sky now.

------------------
Shawn Corbett - Certified Kitchen Exhaust Cleaner
Pro-Ducts Kitchen Exhaust System Cleaning
Detroit, MI
313-297-6657

L

Layman's P/W

I was on a five day job at apartment complex last summer...the first day went great but on the second day after lunch a big storm rolled in and it started hailing and we got about two inches before it stopped. The next day a lady practically accused us of taking her purse from her car because we were working on her building,Later I was washing with an extension wand when I heard a siren blast ..well I figured she had called the cops but as it turns out it was fire trucks and rescue units,the parking lot was full of trucks with lights flashing and firemen all over looking for the fire.Later we found out a neighbor saw the over-spray shooting over the roof and thought the building was on fire...nope just little ole me.

Daren

------------------

Mike Hughes

Dan,

I'm not sure anybody's going to top 2 to 3 inches of hail on the deck! Wild.

Last year, I was washing an 1800 sq ft deck with a gazebo......huge job........and a thunderstorm was approaching as I was spraying the brightner on the deck..........I was determined not to have to pack up and come back so I kept spraying........I finished spraying it in probably 30 - 35 mph gusts, with the storm not far away..........it was almost dark out from the storm. I was using a pump up sprayer, and the spray was getting blown away as soon as it came out...........fun.

Packed up in a real hurry.

Did you have to switch to hot water, to melt that hail away??

Mike

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
No Mike,

I just blew it out of the way. The weird thing about it. The next day you could still see little piles of hail. The temp was in the 70's and the low for the night was in the upper 50's or lower 60's.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash
www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Our Sponsors