Blown Tranny in Isuzu NPR

Walt Graner

Just heard from my guy, stuck on the side of the road with blown tranny. I just love being an entrepreneur.

PS how come when I drive my trucks this almost never happens??

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti

Scott Stone

Walt,
you know that you are too old, or responsible to drop shift your trucks, and then try to speed shift it to keep up with Dave Olsen's Vette. That is why my trucks have automatics in them, even the two ton. It is really hard for them to destroy one of them, I hope.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

R

Rick, Prowash

Hi Walt,

Sorry for your loss. That really sucks.

I did some investigaing before I choose a chassis for my sweeper truck. I'm going to guess that your NPR is an automatic and that it is a 95 model or older. These are notorious for tranny problems. They improved the engine and transmission design in 96 or 97. I ended up with 2000 NPR. Keeping my fingers crossed.

See ya,
Rick

------------------

Scott Stone

Hey Rick,
Don't you have your wash pro special that you could loan him? Since Walt is in Texas! I figure a short term loan might be in order.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Walt Graner

Yes, it's an automatic with OD. And yes it's a 94. And guess what it's gonna cost me $ 5,000 !!
When it blew it took out the speedometer, park brack and messed with the drive shaft....

Just kinda leaves you speechless...............

Oh well, just mark it up as par for the course.

Sometimes its hard to smile :/

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti

Scott Stone

Now, I have only one word to say. <FONT size="5">OUCH!!!</FONT s>

Scott

------------------
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Dave Olson

Hi Walt,

Wow, $5000 transmission repair in a 7-8 year old truck. :-(

The GMC chassis's, that we have cost about $28,000 new. I think I sent you the spec's on the '98 awhile back.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

R

Rick, Prowash

Walt,

I would be glad to loan you my NPR. Although it will be pretty useless usless you need to sweep up litter in a parking lot. Can't carry a darn thing with it.

I hope that after a $5000 repair, it will have an updated, improved transmission or you may be doing it again in the future.

Good luck,

Rick

------------------

Walt Graner

Well, this truck has never given me any trouble and has paid for itself. But I know what you mean about dumping $ 5,000 in an old truck. It just costs me too much $ in down time ($ 400.00 +/- per day) So the call had to be made quick.

Went by there to look at the new tranny, it came in it's own little plastic suit case with straps and everything, I asked if I get to keep the case? nope don't even get to keep the case..

You know just talking about it does help me feel better
Thanks for feeling my pain guy's
smile.gif

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti

Our Sponsors