TANK UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dan S

WELL i ment with the tank "dudes" and i must say it sounds good......they have 16000 tanks scattered thru-out the area....plus tank's in there yard.........
1000 500 200 150 100.....in sizes....
no blasting...not even soda or wet blasting aloud.....
just p/wash primer/paint......no spray they have to be rolled on ..b/c of tank's close to building's and such.

i am on the bidder's list for this co. and like other contractor's they sent out 12 paper's for bid's and only two of us called for an appointment...and i was the only one who showed up.....but im not in yet i still need to give them a price per tank...and how much per mile........it has to have a speical paint/primer and they know the cost but i need to figure that cost in the bid......and im not even sure how much paint /primer it will take to do a 1000 gal or the rest of 'em ...so this may be tough......
i shall keep ya informed
if ya dont want to read about it dont click on me....

also if you have any input on this matter please by all means let me hear it......
just dont call me "incompendent" or i will place a "turbo" where the sun dont shine and....clean ya out.

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Mike Hughes

Dan,

That sounds like a huge job........but, don't give it away! Pricing stuff like that is tough.

Are you sure 'ole Yellow is up driving all those miles???

Mike

Dave Olson

Hello Dan,

You may need to consider having 2 or more crews. One for cleaning the tanks and another crew for painting. How fast do they expect these 16,000 tanks to be completed? They may expect 2-3000 tanks done per year. When all are done it would be time to start over again!?

My pennies worth,

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hey Dan,

I would bid as high as you're comfortable bidding. Considering you have the information you have, regarding how many bidders.

Find out if it will be an on going thing like Dave was saying. If so this can be a situation you hire people to handle this for you. The work would never go away. So what ever is left over money wise will be your pay for managing the situation. Are you sure you can't spray the tanks? Every time I see a tank being painted, it is sprayed.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash
www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
WoW suck my thumb you lucky bugger,ya done stepped in some stuff.

Hey I got it,if it dat hard on ya give it to your son.He would check and see how many tanks ayear they plan on painting as to get a price on paint,brushes,rollers'small&large,pans in bigger boxes to keep his price down or to make more himself.He would also check and see if the cap that sets on top of the tank is the same color or different"most have a different color".
Are they going to give you a list as to how many tanks and where at the being of the year,so you can plan your route as in giving you money.I sure on some it may be faster to spray a chemical on,brush and rinse with a hose.

Hummm per mile,don't know,It would be nice to know how many tanks in that mile was going to get painted.But driving from point A to 300mile point B just to paint one 200gal.tank hummmm,,,,,I better wipe my boots off and stop here.
</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Dan S

Hey Dan i guess they say that it cant be sprayed.b/c some sort of electo-stat....i dont know...they are afraid of any electric around these tanks.....dont really see any diference but i guess they are taking every precaution ........i do think however that a turbo would work fine......also im thinking about a cordless sander.......but i think they think it may cause spark.........

Big_Boy .........yes the lids are dif. colors and a list of tanks will be available for dif. areas.......they dont want me to do a tank 100 miles away one day and a tank another 100 miles back in the same area......if that made since.......i guess if there are a pile of tanks 100 miles away i would probably stay in a hotel for a couple days........my wife would love that.........

Mike&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;ole yellow would probably make it back and forth but i wont take it.....im going to put a p/wer on my pick-'em -up truck with a 150-200 gal tank.......that way i wont need to haul all my stuff around just to do tanks......
and
i almost forgot&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ole yellow is now ole BLACK........ I PAINTED IT FRIDAY.....well part of it i need to paint the cab next week.....then add a funky stripe...........thanks guys if you have any more ideas send 'em to me..................thanks again!!!!

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Mike Taylor

<FONT COLOR="Blue">I asked my equipment guy about spraying propane tanks, as far as the static electricity goes, he said to use a HVLP sprayer (high volume low pressure) , I personally dont see a problem with using an airless if you use the grounding wire thats attached to it so the static doend build. Good luck
smile.gif
</FONT c>

------------------
Always Under Pressure Inc Mike Taylor Pompano Beach Fla USA

Jackrabbit

Just a thought.
Electricity follows the path of least resistance.
Routine maintenance on an airless includes frequent checks of the resistance of the line to the gun, I forget the specs. (Something on the order of half a megOhm I think)
If that resistance is too great, couldn't the charge possibly find a path by arcing to the tank?
Bet the requirement is a failsafe measure that negates that possibility. If so, checks of line resistance within tolerance could fill the bill and allow use of the airless. You'd have to check the safety specs.

JRabbit

Walt Graner

After you figure out your costs, I'd give them a price on a yearly contract at a discounted rate (not much but somthing to look at). Nothing better than checks coming in every month (rain or shin).

And ditto to the above on grounding your airless. HVLP's are nice for small jobs where over-spray is a concern, but for the larger one's too small.

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti

Our Sponsors