Enclosed trailer ideas.....

powerkleen

Looking at buying an enclosed trailer. Considering my options and sizes. I want the big sides to advertise on. Maybe this will help increase business.

I currently work from a 6.5 x 16 tandem trailer (open sided with rails). I carry two 325 gallon leg tanks, 28 ft ladder, 2 hose reels, plenty of chems, tools, and wands and extensions.

I know that if I go to an enclosed trailer I will loose 1 water tank to be in the correct weight range.

I am looking at a 7 x 14 and a 8.5 x 16 enclosed. How are you guys and gals protecting the inside plywood?

Anthony

PS> Laymans Pressure washing has a very nice and similar setup to what I want.

------------------

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
If I were you,I would keep what you have,put up signs on the rear and the flanks. We have worked out of vans, closed trailer and van with open PW. By far the crews prefer the open, because of the speed of operation. Plus the ease of maintained equipment.

In fact I have a 8x16 closed trailer-all metal- I would sell to you for $1000 FOB Sacramento-might take 700. I would bet in two years you would be back to open system.

David

------------------

powerkleen

David,

Thanks for the response. I agree that sometimes it may be easier to work from the open trailer than from an enclosed. That is one of the reasons that I thought about going with the 8.5 x 16 for the extra room. The smaller 7 x 14 has the same weight rating, but less width to work with.

The second reasoning for wanting the enclosed is security. I currently have my trailer stored at a family members garage (about 15 miles away) and sometimes the job is on the opposite side of town. I then have to go 15 miles to get it, 15 back, then 5-30 to the job. Sometimes on some of the 2 or 3 day jobs in the same area it would be nice to leave the trailer there and locked. Might trust the customer but not thy neighbor.

Would like to hear the pro's and cons.

Thank you,

Anthony
PowerKleen

------------------

Clean County

Anthony,
Your concerns is the reason why I bought an enclosed trailer in the first place. I own a 7'x12' enclosed trailer and if I had to do it again I would have bought the 16' enclosed trailer. More space is always nice. I keep my 465gal water tank and hot water pw in the bed of my pick-up truck and in the trailer I have 2 cold water pw along with 2 concrete cleaning machines, A Titen sprayer and steal shelves to store everything else. The beauty is the security and yes you can leave the trailer at job sites if needed. I just lock up the trailer and lock the wheels and home I go. -John-

------------------

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Well you can see we have two sides to the issue. The van and the open trailer is the best of both worlds, when you have employees and multiple service jobs per night. Year ago someone told me if you "give a employee storage space he will fill it". I could give my people a truck and trailer and they would have the thing fill in one month. I have limited space so that problem would be limited.

David

------------------

Mike Hughes

Anthony,

Do you realize exactly how big an 8.5 x 16 enclosed trailer really is?? Hard to see around it, hard to back up..........easy to smack up.

I have an 8.5 x 16 open trailer..........same size, but they seem to get a whole lot more difficult when you bring the height into the picture.

Just realize how hard they are to manuever, that's all I'm saying. You might want to take it back just based on that!

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors