watch out!

Jon

Do you know what today is???

<FONT size="6"><FONT face="Tahoma"><FONT COLOR="Red">Friday the 13th.</FONT c></FONT f></FONT s>.

Any of you that are superstitious need to avoid doing any kind of work today or the PLAQUE might get you.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited April 13, 2001).]

Walt Graner

"I ain't afraid of no bugger man!"

John Wayne
Roster Cogburn

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
3006 Bee Caves Rd, Suite B-160
Austin,TX 78746
Ph:(512) 328-7776
fax(512) 328-2399

powerkleen

Until today I had no fear of the 13th. My fiance and 7 month old were on our way to look at a new enclosed trailer out of town and low and behold bad luck.

We were on a bypass, in a curve with about 500 feet line of sight, and there was a couty deputy sitting in the middle of the road with his lights on. Traffic trying to stop all over the place. The left lane went a little further left, the right lane the opposite, because there was a 18 wheeler.

The only problem was that my fiance's compact car was still at the big guy's left front tire. Boom. The truck was trying to put it up the middle to avoid any major problems. The only damage was lug nuts tore up most of the right side of the car. As soon as I heard the noise I pulled the wheel toward the median (I had plenty of room to safely stop) to allow the tractor trailer the extra room to stop.

WE ALL BLAMED THE DEPUTY, EXCLUDING THE STATE TROOPER.

All said and done, everybody is fine, only sheetmetal damage.

Anthony

PS&gt; Driver told me that he should have stayed at home when he got up and had no water in the house.

Walt Graner

Thank God you guys were alright, what was the county guy doing in the middle of the road anyway???

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
3006 Bee Caves Rd, Suite B-160
Austin,TX 78746
Ph:(512) 328-7776
fax(512) 328-2399

powerkleen

The county deputy was stopped in the left lane to remove a shelving unit (19.95 tin from lowes) that was laying in the middle of the left lane.

The problem was that the deputy had already passed it, made a double u-turn at the turn thrus (have witness) and came back to remove it (still no flares or warning). He then proceeded to throw the shelving unit over the guardrail on the right hand side of the road and claimed to not know why the right lane of traffic also stopped.

He saw the accident happen and got in his car and drove off. I called the dispatch with my cell phone, he should have beat me to it with his shoulder mounted radio. He then come back up behind us (after I jumped through the tall hedge in the middle of the median). He never once bothered to ask if everyone was okay.

Man did I want to give him a piece of my mind!!!!!!!

Everybody okay.

Anthony

------------------

Ronniels

I also never believed in superstitious things until yesterday.
Had one of my trucks towed to a shop. It was drivable somewhat. The tow operator drove it out of my driveway to his roll-back and loaded it at 10:30am.
It made the 20 minute trip to the garage and arrived at 2:00pm....on a conventional at this point instead of a roll-back and for some reason the driveshaft was inside the truck with the end literally twisted off.
The tow driver dumped and left.
While someone was out joy-riding in my Blazer, I took one of my guys to have a car he just bought towed home. (no tags or p.s.)--thank goodness for motor clubs
That driver got lost and dropped his car at the wrong place.
And while this was going on we were putting new tires on a boat trailer...the floor jack died with the trailer off the ground (loaded with the boat of course)
And we had this free time because I postponed a deck due to rain that never showed up!

And one of my employees works at an Auto Store in the evenings...that evening he installed a battery in a cutomers car that had a short and caught the car on fire.

Oh yeah....I had a little accident and chipped a tooth...
(I hate going to the dentist)

------------------
Ronniels
AHR Tidewater, Inc.
Va Beach, VA 23456
(757) 368-5495

[This message has been edited by Ronniels (edited April 15, 2001).]

Our Sponsors