Vehicles are closer than they apperar

Trace

Don't know if this is a dumb question or one that everybody asks. Why do they put that mirror on the passsenger side that says " Vehicles may be closer than they appear" why can't they just put a regular mirror in there, it would make things so much easier.
What is your oppinion on this?

Jon

Trace,

If they made things that easy the vehicles would last forever.

Just look at the truly good old cars for the 20's, 30's and 40's still out there 100% original.

They do that because they figure you will turn right, right into another car so they can get you to buy a new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But truthfully it bugs the heck out of me too. Life was simple way back then but today for some stupid reason THEY think they know what is best for us.

Example, passive seat belts, I would never buy a car with them.

Headlights that stay on during the day, again I can turn my own lights on thank you auto makers.

spare tires that are NOT tires, when I buy cars I make it part of the deal that they include a real tire as part of the deal. So I give up a bit of trunk room, at least I have a real tire in there.

There are reasons for all the above, it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Walt Graner

I go for the old one's myself.
I love my 71 F100. Straight six, three on a tree, no AC, no radio, No power anything just a driving machine. Makes you slow down and enjoy the ride.

PS drives much smoother than my F350 4x4

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
3006 Bee Caves Rd, Suite B-160
Austin,TX 78746
Ph:(512) 328-7776
fax(512) 328-2399

Power Clean

Trace,

It's there to provide the driver with a larger viewing area on the right rear side of the vehicle. I am probably the odd person out here, but I like the additional coverage it provides. I wish it were on both sides.. I hate looking over my shoulder. It does take some getting use to though.

Later, Roy

------------------
Power Clean of America, LLC
www.powercleanofamerica.com

Jon

Roy there is one in every crowd so you know who you are.
laughing.gif

But really some people I assume do like them, just that I find them bothersome and a pain in the rear end.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Mike Hughes

Like was said above, it is to alleviate some of the blind spot on the right side of your vehicle.

My F250 Super Duty has those huge towing mirrors........they are big enough that you don't miss much.......it has a regular mirror in it.......which I am very thankful for.......I HATE those stupid mirrors.....

There was a funny Far Side cartoon years ago.......there was a totally wrecked car, and the only thing you could recognize was a mirror that read "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear".

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Power Clean

Heck Jon, my rear view mirror is one of those that is 2 feet long. It's so long I can hang five cd's from it with fishing line. At a stop light those darn things dance like those 2 little dogs in my back window. People know I be jamming. NOT!!

I knew I'd be odd man out on this one.

roy

------------------
Power Clean of America, LLC
www.powercleanofamerica.com

Our Sponsors