Taxes & Gas prices

Walt Graner

It will be the understatement of the year but Boy I hate tax time. Everyone pays just a little slower, bank account gets a little lower and gas prices keep getten higher. I just raised prices because of the price of gas, anyone else doing that, and by how much?

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
3006 Bee Caves Rd, Suite B-160
Austin,TX 78746
Ph:(512) 328-7776
fax(512) 328-2399

Dan S

hey walt yes it's a pain in the bottom when the gas prices go up but what is there to do except raise ours ........even though i have yet to raise my prices in the 6 + years i have been doing this...

maybe that is why i am still busy....i just recently signed a 5 year contract with a huge fleet co.
they can never get rid of me b/c of low bidders....
and i can never raise my price..... sounds dumb but even if the gas prices go to 5.00$$$ a gal i will still make out real well.

im not saying that for you to not raise your prices.
you just asked what we do and since i stopped home for lunch and a lil' love''''''''' lol..... i thought i would just tell ya before i go and get wet.......
have a great day.......

------------------
YES I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Glenn

------------------
"Hmmm, If everyone has a photographic memory... mine must be out of film."

Walt Graner

Glenn
Too true to be funny.........

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
Austin,TX 78746
fax(512) 328-2399

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">
O come on Walt it was funny,see them free cruches.Besides ifen we buy two tanks full we get two free cruches ans welfare
hapfac01.gif

To answer your Q'tion I've gone up 10 dallors in the last 7 years to cover cost,counting me.Every two years I jump the price nomatter if chemicals cost the same and gas goes up.I try to plan ahead for the extra stuff like parts,gas,stuff like that.Your cost of living as got to come from somewhere I think every two years aleast to stay at the level your at now.Its best to go up alittle every year or two to cover cost as to wait and do several dollars at onces.It doesn't matter if it just 10,20,30,50 cents or more an hour or rig,,its not noticed as bad as the arm and Leg.

If you use the gas prices to go up or you going to go down in price ifen gas goes down afew cents,we want to be fair now don't we
eek.gif

Glenn did you get a rise in your payckeck at dat factory cuzz of gas prices
laughing.gif
,hey me ant picking on ya just proven a point as to what some think when you tell them your going up b/c of gas price.Like most if its not figured in the price for the year as in your hourly wants you'll have to eat it.Alot of the fleets and others are having to eat it if they didn't figure it in,which some do every year or two.

Don't want to sound off key but ifen you came to my bussiness and told me you had to go up b/c of gas prices,,you wouldn't get the bussiness at the mo'ment b/c I'D have to think about what you just said or look eslewhere b/c most lik'ly the person your talking to had to eat the extra cost.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Walt Graner

Bigboy

I don't raise prices on any locked in contracts during its time period, but I do (when needed)when it comes up for renewal.
I do raise prices during the year on my general call outs. I have yet to have anyone ask me why my prices have increased by .05% +/-(which covers fluctuating energy costs) As for chemical costs, we've been making our own for a while now and the increase there is almost nill.
My labor, insurance, vehicles & equipment costs are already figured into each job I quote, and by the way increases every year.

I think your selling yourself short if you don't pass on the total cost of your work to your customer. They live in the same world we do and understand that prices go up.

PS
I have never had anyone ask me about a price increase nor have I lost any business because of it. People pay for professionalism.

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
Austin,TX 78746
fax(512) 328-2399

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Walt don’t worry about raising, they wont when comes time for theirs raise. I think regular increases are good. You know what accounts will stay and which ones will go. Your right customers understand that cost of living is always increasing.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Our Sponsors