Sunscreen

Mike Hughes

Sunscreen. Who wears it.........who doesnt bother?? I typically fall into the latter........even though I know I should wear it. The wife yells at me all the time.......

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

L

Layman's P/W

I use a 14 sun block when I remember it.

------------------

Scott Stone

Remembering that we are starting into the 100 degree days where I am and that 107 and 108 are he norm in the summer, I normally do not wear sunscreen. I wear a long sleeve shirt, Long pants and a floppy felt hat with about a 6 inch brim, that keeps the majority of the sun off of me. It is funny. Now it has turned into somewhat of a trademark for me. What is really nice is that if you happen to get wet with all of that clothing on, it keeps you cooler longer, and so it only feels like 102 outside. We take what we can get. BTW for what is worth, hydration is as important as sunscreen for your protection. We go through up to ten gallons of water a day along with a few gatorades for a crew of three.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Mike Taylor

I do wear it.....usually spf35 and also the white stuff that lifeguards use (zinc oxide). I mainly use the white on my lips , nose and ears, but also spread it on the back of my neck face.Skin cancer runs in my family, and after seeing my grandfather without a nose, and my father having over 65 surgeries to remove cancer from his body I take it very seriously. I put it on a few times a day when I am working outside. And yes hydration is extremely important, even on a cold day. If you get dehydrated you will be doin the funky chicken as my DI used to say.

Shawn George

Mike,

I wear sunscreen when I remember to.

I usually get a real bad burn at the beginning of summer, then its easier to remember the rest of the season.

My wife yells at me too!

Shawn @ Pressure-Tek

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I don't and hope I don't regret it. I don't burn easy and darken up fast.

I also get yelled at. Great post.

Barry Loy

Yessirreebuddie, Youbetchum, I AM A CONSTANT USER. I have had over thirty 'sites' surgically removed ( my dermatoligist loves me ) I lube up every time I go outside now. Most of my 'damage' occured back when I was younger, got BURNED often, paying for it now. Great reminder Mike. Please, protect your skin.
Barry Loy

Mike Hughes

Well.........I broke down and actually wore it two days last week...........I'm learning, I suppose........lol

Mike

Beth

Rod didn't used to wear it....then he got a burn, and developed a growth on his back over a period of about a year. Long story short, he had it removed, and was lucky! Now he wears it all the time. Better safe than sorry.

Beth

Our Sponsors