Shur-flo or airless?

Express clean

I have what might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway.i have always farmed out my deck sealing to a painter in the past,these days decks have become a huge part of the business so I am going to do them myself this year.What do most of you use to spray on the sealer?I heard there is a lot of overspray with an airless.I would like to set up a sureflo pump on my trailor and 200' of hose and just bring hose around to deck. Would this work? and is it really any different than an airless?I have more Questions but I will start with these. Thanks

D

David l Saulque

Originally posted by Express clean:
I have what might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway.i have always farmed out my deck sealing to a painter in the past,these days decks have become a huge part of the business so I am going to do them myself this year.What do most of you use to spray on the sealer?I heard there is a lot of overspray with an airless.I would like to set up a sureflo pump on my trailor and 200' of hose and just bring hose around to deck. Would this work? and is it really any different than an airless?I have more Questions but I will start with these. Thanks

Get a copy of Cleaner Times-a company puts together a stand alone unit on wheels/5 gal. w/ a Sureflow-seems to sell a number of them. I would consider that rather than run 200 feet of hose.

David

------------------

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

Honestly it all depends on what you prefer. There is no way you can absolutely control every bit of the sealer coming out of either one so masking, tarping or some type of prep work is required. I feel I have more control with an airless when applying Wolman finishes but I have both setups and typically use the shurflos' and flojets' for chemical application only. That may change with a different sealer although. Both setups CAN run you about the same in cost. Experiment and see what works best for you. The problem I found with the pump setups was they were un-regulated, therefore you were using 75 or 100 psi constantly and coupled with a 1.5 gpm pump that lays out alot of sealer fast. I installed a quick-connect regulator and it is much easier to use now.

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

Our Sponsors