fleet trucks

Dan S

Hey here is one for you guys to answer..i do alot of fleet trucks and i love being self employed..i carry everything in a 1 ton van ( bread truck ) And i have this brain storm "maybe" .i thought of putting a pto on my tranny and running a pump for use as a pressure washer.which means the engine on van will run more but will have a extra source of spraying.hey dont shake your head its only a thought but it may work great....
feel free to give me some advice,good or bad.. i have been doing p/washing for 5 years and still have some questions..and i may have some answers to. so look for me often...thanks.......

------------------
have a great day and god bless

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Dan,

I am sure it is possible. Growing up on a ranch, we used to spray cattle, herbicides, etc with pto. We didnt worry as much about pressure back then as volume, but i am sure that is easily adapted with a different pump. Cant figure out how you can hook up a pto from a van, but check with you local TSC (tractor supply company) they handle a bunch of pumps and pto stuff.

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Dave Olson

Hello Dan,

If the engine on your truck is diesel it will work better. Another thought for you, the system on our main unit is electric. We run three different pumps and have ample power for small tools, lights, etc.

Dave Olson, Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. http://www.tps-inc.com

Blaine Jackett

Dan those pumps are quite expensive. They are generaly ment for high output pumps, 10 - 20 gpm. You have to have a manual transmission for them.
The best solution for an extra source of presurized water is a second cold gas unit from a distributor that is not in it for a killing.
A lot of us have set up two companies ( one is a purchaser/distributor the other pressure washer/user). This lets us buy products at dist.pricing & sell to the local repair shops,truck repair garages,re-sell thru farm implement stores, drop-ship to out of state pressure washer guys & ourselves.

------------------
Jackett Enterprises Inc.
Houlton,Maine

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn (edited February 22, 2000).]

Our Sponsors