Nozzels

G

Glenn

Hey,
Just wanted to share something. I took a piece of stainless rod about 3 inches long, turned it down on a lathe to the size of 1/4 inch pipe. Threaded it with a 1/4 inch pipe die, and installed a 1/4 inch female plug. I started with a small hole drilled through the center untill I found the right size that would shoot a stream @ 30 foot. Now I think I can (haven't tried it with chems yet) use my downstream chemical injector on my machine to inject my chems at higher elevations, with out carring a chem jug around the job like with other nozzles. This stainless nozzel should never wear out. Won't rust either. What do yall think? No, before one of you ask (you know who you are), I am not a distributor, manufacturer, or conspiritor, tring to sell a product, nor do I have any for sell. I'm mearly experimenting. If I were tring to manufacture, I sure wouldn't be telling how I made it, I would be tring to get a patten or something. I will tell later how it does with the down streamer. Probably won't work anyway. (ool
Glenn

Jon

Hey GLenn,

You need an agent??? what cut would I get??

Sounds like you made something that you will be able to experiement with by making other sizes.

Keep us all informed. Might end up being a side business for you, never know do you.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Harold Brantley

Glenn, I don't know what gpm and psi you are working with, but for 4 gpm at 3000 psi try a 0 deg 20 nozzle size. It will put your chemical way,way up there.

------------------

Lorin Grable

Stainless will wear out - standard nozzles are stainless and they do wear out. Why didn't you just use a zero degree tip - works for me. The downstream injector ought to work if you are operating within the parameters of this type of device which is that you need at least a 20% pressure drop across the injector to develop the siphon action. If you have a real long hose from the injector to the nozzle, it won't work. Why not use upstream injection (unless your chemical is too agressive for the pump internals) and a zero degree tip?

Originally posted by Glenn:
Hey,
Just wanted to share something. I took a piece of stainless rod about 3 inches long, turned it down on a lathe to the size of 1/4 inch pipe. Threaded it with a 1/4 inch pipe die, and installed a 1/4 inch female plug. I started with a small hole drilled through the center untill I found the right size that would shoot a stream @ 30 foot. Now I think I can (haven't tried it with chems yet) use my downstream chemical injector on my machine to inject my chems at higher elevations, with out carring a chem jug around the job like with other nozzles. This stainless nozzel should never wear out. Won't rust either. What do yall think? No, before one of you ask (you know who you are), I am not a distributor, manufacturer, or conspiritor, tring to sell a product, nor do I have any for sell. I'm mearly experimenting. If I were tring to manufacture, I sure wouldn't be telling how I made it, I would be tring to get a patten or something. I will tell later how it does with the down streamer. Probably won't work anyway. (ool
Glenn

Our Sponsors