Rust

Maz

What do you use to remove rust spots from concrete? I've tried DR-60. It works but brightens the concrete very much.
Thanks,
Mark, La.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
We have not had much rust work, some say oxalic acid or a diluted solution of HF.

What ever you use make sure you cover the entire area. That way you will get an even look.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

L

LightningClean

I have used CPR Calcium/Lime/Rust on the rust stains at full strength BEFORE I started washing and have great luck with it.

The problem with the rust stains on driveways
are they will continue to come back. Some driveways with larges spans have been re-enforced with metal mesh at the time of being poured. The concrete contractor has pulled up the mesh to high (within an inch to an inch and 1/2) of the top. What happens is that water keeps seeping in the unsealed surface and during the vapor release (steam rises) the rust comes up to. Now as a contractor (and if you want to make more money) it is your job to explain this to the homeowner and tell them with a quality concrete sealer this will stop. I hope this helps you.

There are many safe things out there other than HF. CPR can be purchased at any Home Center or WalMart or KMart. Just pour it in a quart spray bottle and keep in your cleaning kit.

Rob

Harold Brantley

For rust stains caused by iron in the water, I have had excellent luck with Rust Aid sold at Lowes home improvement stores. I spray on full strength, wait a few minutes and spray again. In 2 or 3 applications the stains are gone. Works on concrete, vinyl, bricks, stucco, etc. If the source of the rust is iron still in the concrete, the rust will certainly come back.

------------------

budsprcln

I use Oxalic Acid. It is the base material for Rust-Aid and most rust removers. Depending on the concentrate, dilute with water and apply with a pump up sprayer.

Richard

Hey this is directed to Budsprcln, how strong of a mix do you make, 8, 10, 12oz to a gal?

Thanks
Richard

Our Sponsors