Powders or liquid

Richard

Just wondering what form of caustics ya'll prefer using and why,(caustic beads or liquid) we've been using 50% sodium hydroxide rayon grade and 85% caustic potash,(liquid). But I've been thinking about switchihg over to the powder, that way we can hand out pre measured amounts.
Richard
8ball.gif

------------------

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
I prefer caustic soda beads mixed with lets say 1/2 cup of sufactant per 5 gal bucket for downline. We mix at the site with no pre measired amount. My managers mix as per the job. Where do you buy your chemicals?

David

------------------

Richard

we buy it all from a local chemical supplier, the beads are under a $1.50 a pound and the liquid is $4.00 a gal. How about you? What do you use as a surfacant?

Richard
boldfire.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited October 21, 2000).]

David Saulque

I buy the beads at .47 lbs and I have my own product blended at $5.5 gal. The blended product is a standard cleaner that anyone local chem. blender can mix. They put my own name on the product so I can resale if I like. I buy a pallet of ea. item once every 6 weeks or so.

You can buy beads much better than you are. But then if you use less than 20 bags at a pop, the price should go up .25 not $1.10. Give me a E-mail and I will tell you who to call.

David

------------------

washman

F.Y.I .. makes perhaps the best product known - by the way we are not ... reps!! - for the cleaning of exhaust hoods. We have cleaned every type of hood from the dirtiest Chinese to the most casual of public golf courses. People in the biz are always looking for the most effective and inexpensive way to do buisiness and take our word for it .... works works works. ... and given enough time to do it's thing will knock off the toughest grease. IMPORTANT, have patience and give any good chem time to do it's job!!

P.S. Sorry for advertising on this board without permission.

------------------

David Saulque

I am looking for new items all the time and we have tried many new hood chemicals-and nothing-nothing comes close to caustic soda beads with some surfactant.
Every new and improved product comes with BIG Claims along with high cost and the results vs. cost is always way less than the claim. One product that comes to mind with the Pacific Rim. name (ATTACK0.This product is way over blown with wild claims and less than exciting results in my own world.

If this product works send me 2 gallons free and I will try it. If I like it we will go out to dinner on me. If I don't like it-you are who ever is out water weight.

David

------------------

washman

You have obviously found a product that works for you so stick with it. We aren't going to send anyone 2 gallons of ...... or any other product made by ..... because we ain't nothin' but lowly hood cleaners and we know what works. So keep on a'mixing your potions and keep on a'cleaning. Thanks and talk to ya later.

P.S. We need to attract more hood cleaners (with at least 100 accounts) so we can get real dialog going.

------------------

David Saulque

Boy did you make your point do you feel better. Now I edited your post because you used the name of the product.

Oh hell if you people need the money I will cut you a check or a money order so that I can try your product. Like I said, am always looking-and this product will be the same as the rest-prove me wrong-come on.

David

------------------

Jon

I am not in the hood cleaning business but since this is about sales people and since someone has posted claiming a product he sales is BEST let me say a few things here. ( if you don't like it then boggy off this board)

I do know when a (rep), salesperson or dealer, and that goes for the ones that don't stock it but call themselves distributors claim they have a product that works or is the best ever they gladly ship out gallons for free to prove and back up their word.

It is a tax write off as any good business person knows.

I suspect Washman is not whom he claims, and I also think he does not live in WI as his profile says.

Proof, he has never put his name or Email address down.

Washman, come out of the closet and identify yourself. Also you seem to know the rules about posting advertisment so that leads me to believe you are from Illinos. (there is a person there that speaks like you do, very much the same langauge).

Dare to come out and post your true name, address and phone number along with your business name etc.?

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Richard

Hey washman or is it John?
Are you implieing that if a hood cleaner doesnt have over 100 accounts he's not worth talking with? and by the way I'm still waiting on an e-mail concerning that miracle product you were reffering to, and by the way thanks David , I just picked up 1100 lbs at .43 cents a lbs and it works great. And just for arguments sake I have well over 100 accounts.
eek.gif

Richard

------------------

washman

Hi Kidz it's John & Pat from Chippewa Falls, WI. DBA Maxey's Mobile Wash @ 8823 140th St. 54729 - 715-723-2062. Once and for all we are not selling this product to which we referred. If you look at the advertisements at the top of this page you will see a company that sells cleaning supplies. We now know that we can no longer make direct reference to that company. SORRY We will leave it up to you to figure out which company that is. All we are trying to do is get this page going in that it has been fairly dormant with the exception of a few people. As far as companys with 100 accounts or more we just picked that number because that represents a company that specializes in hood cleaning, perhaps we are wrong. We've only been doing this for 4 years so what the heck do we know? Richard, we apologize for not E-mailing you back - we've been busy. Again look to the top of this site and you will find out everything you need to know about that company. Again, and I cannot emphasize stongly enough, that we are not connected with this company in any way shape or form. Now can we get off this particular tangent and talk about hood cleaning in general. Can't we all just get along? Thanks John & Pat.

------------------

Jon

John and Pat,

Welcome to this wonderful board, nice to see a name and company that goes with it.

Might I suggest a couple things here, first there is a way to get that name advertised here, ask the company to be a sponsor of this board and then they will have their name on the main page and you as well as others can mention it freely then.

Now you say you have been in business for four years, that is great and I am sure you will have many many more sucessful years ahead but why do you tend to put yourself down?

I know your being sort of sarcastic when you say "We've only been doing this for 4 years so what the heck do we know?" but I would say your doing quite well, why not try the positive instead like we are still learning after four years but we are growing and doing well?.

Thanks for letting us all know who you are
smile.gif

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

David Saulque

What do you mean by "All we are trying to do is get this page going in that it has been fairly dormant with the exception of a few people"?

Two weeks ago you were trying to sell your School and Van package-What did you expect some of us to think, well what the heck. My life is not richer because of your style. All of us for the most part get along very well we give ideas and learn from one another. You come on the landscape and a war starts.

Lets just start monday like this week never happen with regards to this topic and related.

David

------------------

David Saulque

Oh yes please don't tell me you are a Packer fan-Mr. Washman. Best Sundays are when the Packers and Cowboys wind up with a lose&&&&&&&&&&&&& Oakland wins another.

David

------------------

Our Sponsors