Bento restaurant trailer cleaning

Scootermannn

Hello from Portland, Oregon! It's raining here..

Has anyone tried cleaning mobile bento restaurant trailers before..??

This past weekend we cleaned a mobile bento shop that was housed in a fiberglass trailer. The cleaning didn't go too well and we had to stop because of some environmental compliance issues (they wanted us to do stuff we wouldn't do). We've been requested to return with another plan of attack.

Here was the problem:
The bento trailer sits in a parking lot without a sanitary sewer, grease trap or water spigot so we had to lay hosing across the street to their other restaurant building. We kept popping hoses when people drove over them and our water pressure kept dropping. We sump pumped the waste water to their restaurant but it was way too slow and didn't work well.

The trailer wasn't designed to be a bento shop and the exhaust housing/fan/assembly sits on the roof which has no gutters so grease water just flows off the sides onto the parking lot. The thing was kinda jerry-rigged together and now they're paying the price. It's not even level, it leans to the North!!

We're now comprising a plan of attack to correctly do a professional cleaning for this restaurant. Has anyone any comments on how a previous similar type of cleaning went for them..??

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer a idea to try. We were quite frustrated with the initial effort!

Thanks!
Brian & Sally Donaldson
S&B Pressure Washing, Inc.

------------------
brian donaldson

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
If it were me, I would have done the job only if the trailer had power, water and a mop sink. I would have the trailer towed to the water if need be. You just can't do a job under this kind of conditions. What were you going to charge? I would only do a job on my terms, because that is what works. If he can't move the trailer, I would think it is not to code, in Calif. it would not pass the Health Dept.

Good Luck

David

------------------

MBryan

I would get some grease absorbing pads for the roof so you dont have to clean that next time. As for the actual cleaning of the exhaust system you could try one of those vacum boom hoses on a 55 gallon tank to catch the water. On handling the hose problem you would need to have your own water tank on your rig. Good luck.

Matt

Dave Olson

Hello Brian,

We have never done an exhaust system in a trailer! We have done a few that we had to contain the waste water 100%.

On our main unit we bring our own water and electrical. We would contain the waste at the canopy and at the exhaust fan and/or put plastic under the trailer and in the area. We would use a sump pump to pick up the waste water. Our unit also has a waste water tank(500 gallon). We would try to transport the water to the sanitary using drums, but if that would not work we would use the tank on our truck to take it to the sanitary.

We only do work like this on a time and material basis.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

A

AlwaysUnderPressureInc

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I personally dont do hoods or indoor so I dont have a whole lot of ideas for you on that, BUT, as far as the water supply goes, if you buy enough 2x4's to lay nest to your water hose and take plastic zip ties to keep the hose right next to it you wont pop hoses with high traffic. Just an idea for ya as I know we cant all afford the big tanks and all when we are starting out.(dont know how long you have been in biz but I know its not easy) Good luckand I hope you find a system that works for ya
smile.gif
</FONT f>Mike

------------------

Our Sponsors