contracting kitchen exhaust cleaning help

Scootermannn

Hello fom Portland, Oregon!

I'm interested in the idea of approaching the local kitchen exhaust cleaners in my local market to offer my subcontracting labor to them. Does anyone have any ideas or views on this from a business owner standpoint..??

I have found that the local cleaners are supplying excellent service to restaurants and therefore nobody is willing to switch over to a new company. The Portland area cleaners really represent this important trade very well!

I thoroughly enjoy kitchen exhaust cleaning and would like to market my skills and knowledge to these Portland area cleaners. I would offer a no-compete agreement to them to show my level of commitment. Our business specializes in commercial awning cleaning as it turns out.

Does anyone contract out their cleaning assistance instead of hiring a employee..?? I'm seeking advice on what would be a professional way to approach these Portland area business owners. If you were approached by a local pressure washing owner offering professional assistance, would you be interested..??

My business is licensed for $1million and also surety bonded.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer to me. I truly appreciate it!

Brian-Robert Donaldson
S&B Pressure Washing, Inc.

------------------
brian donaldson

[This message has been edited by Scootermannn (edited November 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Scootermannn (edited November 24, 2000).]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
I have read your letter four times and I am not sure what you are getting at. Do you have accounts to sub or sell to another company? Or what do you have to offer the hood cleaners of Portland? I am just not clear as to the issues-since your primary company service awnings.

David

------------------

AranServices

If I understand this correctly, you are interested in subbing work from other contractors, right?

That was my break in the pressure washing industry. Being a subcontractor on over 95% of my first years work is what let me survive.

What you are trying to do is VERY difficult for several reasons.

1) There are too many schemers out there.

You must be able to establish credibility to gain that much trust. You can't talk it - you MUST walk it!

2) NO ONE does a job the same way. Even tech's in the SAME company do it different.

You need to figure out which company is going to teach you the best & most profitable way!

3) IF someone were to take you under wing and teach you their technique - You will become additional competition to that company.

Here you need to figure out what you can bring to the table as a bargaining chip! I'm not trying to be hard nosed, but labor is a dime a dozen. So, in most situations LABOR is not your ticket. What can you offer them that will allow them to see you as an asset?
In most situations business is a 2-way street, it is not welfare.

Now, who really wants to risk their bread & butter on a stranger? Especially if the industry is well represented in your area.

If you can over come those obstacles, you may have a chance, it depends on how well you present yourself to the right company - remember: NOT just any company! You need to protect yourself also!

I hope this helps!
Good Luck,
Randy

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!

E-MAIL: aran@bellsouth.net
Our URL: http://easypath.to/pressurewashing

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Being a hood cleaner in Northern California, I would not consider a sub for my company within my market. However I sub for one company and that is Commercial Services out of the Voter State of Florida. They have a national contract with Wal-Mart and Sam's. They make a great fill in job with little problem.

For the most part a sub is used when the market geo. is larger than possible to service with the base company. Companies as a general rule do not sub local jobs.

If I wanted to break into a market, I would consider buying one of the local hood cleaners. That way you get a base of 120 accounts and one or two employees. At this point you have a local base to work from.

If you would like-come down to Sacramento and I will put you out with one of my crews for a few days and you will get all the info. you need. Give me a call if you would like to do this.

David

------------------

Our Sponsors