Anyone on this Kitchen Exhaust Cleaners board bonded?

AranServices

How bonded should a multi-state hood cleaning company be?
How many of you guys have OVER 1 million dollar insurance coverage?
I'm getting ready to go after a few larger accounts that require a minimum of $1,000,000.00 insurance & to be bonded.
I need to be sure that ALL of my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed before I hit it like a storm trooper!
Any experiences, knowledge, and suggestions are always welcome!
Thank you!
From me, Randy

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!

E-MAIL: aran@bellsouth.net
Our URL: http://easypath.to/pressurewashing

MBryan

We are not bonded but we do have over $2 million in insurance. I have never had a customer ask if we are bonded but the fact that we have been in business for over 20 years tends to lend quite a bit of credibility to our operation. I would look at the value of getting bonded vs. the value of that particular account and assume that it would be the only one that you ever get that requires this. If the account won't pay for this in the first year I would tend to let it go. Good luck.

Matt

------------------

Last edited:

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
I agree with Matt, however in the State of California if you are a State contractor you must be bonded. This is part of the rules and regulation. Because of the EPA-State and Fed. laws I decided to be proactive and obtain my Calif. State Contractor Lic. With classes, book, bond and fees it came to $1600. In time all PW in the state will be required to have this lic. sooner or later.

David

------------------

Douglas Hicks

Yes, bonded to $15,000 in Oregon and to $4,000 in Washington. Yes, Insured to $2,000,000 in Washington and Oregon. In Oregon, at least in theory, you are required to be licensed by the state to pressure wash.
I say in theory, because it is not enforced by the state. My company is listed as a General Contractor, so the bond and insurance requirements are higher than for those contractors who limit themselves to one trade only. Not all of my competitors are licensed, bonded or insured. My policy is not to turn them in to the contractors board, but just let my cusomer know we do comply and exceed regulations. The contractors board is very lax on following up on those who are not licensed, insured, or bonded. Copies of license, insurance and bond go with all estimates and bids.
Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc.
Oregon Contractor's License 78491
Washington Contractor's License GENERFE061D5

------------------

Scootermannn

Hello Randy! How are you?

We are bonded for $10,000.00 and carry $1 million in insurance. Our state requires a bond to receive a license to be a contractor.

------------------
brian donaldson

Dave Olson

Yes we have an employee Dishonesty Bond. Cost is $110 per year for $5,000 coverage.

We carry 2 million liability coverage.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

Our Sponsors