Bidding Larg Hood Job

Bill Clough

Can anyone shed some light on bidding a hood job ?????????
The hood is a captiveair 22'x4'thats 2 11'hoods,with 2 fans, 16 filters
and 28'x4'of firewall showing without moving grills,freezers,or fryers.Everything is stainless exept for fans which are alum.Now comes the problem the dinner is open 24 hrs.a day year round exept for Christmas, And the owner wants the hoods done in a 3hr. window from 2am to 5am setup teardown and open for bussiness.Work to be done 3 to 4 times a year,I'm
going to prefer the 3 times a year because of the time
window.I did the job the first time it was ever done on Christmas Eve, Myself and 1 helper did the complete system, complete firewall celing to floor,all the filters,and a section of the floor behind the grills and freezers 8'x26'having to move all the equipment out and back.We decided to do all the firewall and floor since the dinner was closed at that time.It took myself and my helper 5.5hrs on Christmas Eve just to get setup and do 1 of the 11'sections from fan to floor.We had a -14deg windchill and EVERYTHING was freezing up so we called it a night.I went back by Myself on Christmas day did the other 11' section repolished all the hood and firewall Cleaned the floor, moved the equipment back, and cleaned the filters in 6hrs.I'm thinking of charging a total of $900.00 for the FROOOOZEN Christmas adventure,And the next cleanings since I won't have to move anything or do all the firewall and floor charging $400.00 per hood. Am I being fair???????

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Sounds like you had a full filled Christmas. A rule of thumb is $20 per linial foot plus $65 per fan. Depending on the volume and type of food being cooked would answer the frequency of service.

The five hour service time indicates that the volume is low-otherwise your times would be higher. Sounds like the system should be cleaned at 120 days and alternate the cooking line so that your times are reduced. Would you say one side and one fan was quite a bit more challenged than the other? Thus service the weak side every other time.

If he holds to the Christmas event - I would make him pay as if it was 3 time per year. Most places that are open 24 hrs shut down for hood service or serve cold food.

Good Luck

David

------------------

Our Sponsors