NEED CAUSTIC CHEM. INFO.

Mike B

I am new to this board and have been cleaning hoods
for four years now. I have been using off the shelf chemicals from three or four suppliers, none of them live up to there claims in my opinion. The price of the ones that come close are to high to be cost effective. I am looking for info. on buying caustic soda beads, surfactents and thickening agents so we can mix them in the shop for each job.

------------------

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
I buy my caustic from Van Waters by the pallet of 60 bags-1800-435-8705. I mix my chemicals at the job location. This seems to work best for me-this gives my crews the flex. of mixing as per the needs of the job.

Some companies use corn starch as a thicken agent.

David

------------------

Richard

Mike,
we also use the caustic beads (cost is about .22 a lbs) and mix at the site, we also use corn startch like ARGO we use about 3/4 to 1 # of corn startch to 5 gal of chem. mix the corn startch in COLD water than add slowly to the mix stirring constantly the heat
boldfire.gif
from the caustic will thicken the corn startch. remember always be EXTRA!! careful when using caustics
Richard

------------------

Mike B

Thanks for the info. guys, is there usually a min. poundage per order 100#,500#,1000#?,I havent had a chance to find a supplier yet, been swamped with work.

MIKE BILBIA, PRECISION POWERWASH

------------------

David Saulque

Who do you buy your caustic from, I pay .48 cents @ 3600 lbs. Please help, it most likely produced in the east and my price reflects trans.

David

------------------

Richard

David,
I get it from Van Waters, and apperson chem outta Jacksonville, fl. Van Waters is the best price when getting 1200 # or more.

------------------

David Saulque

I also buy from Van Waters and my price is .48 based on 3600 lbs- is this item mined in the South or why the price difference?

David

------------------

Richard

i dont know maybe it was a mistake on their part but i picked up 26 50# bags (1300#)and paid 306.02 thats .22 a # plus tx. i need to get some more in the next week and i'm sure i'll find out.

------------------

David Saulque

The order number is 239870 and my price is .48 @ 3000#-For some reason I was thinking the bags were 60# but they are 50# Please find out that just blows me away if the product is not made in the South. I have gone to other companies and this price is par, within 2 cents up and down.

David

------------------

Our Sponsors