roof top

Richard

I was just wondering how some of ya'll contain /control the waste water on the roof from washing the turbine's

Thanks
Richard

------------------

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Your question is a good one however, we need some more info. Type of fan, roof, if the fan has a hinge and so fourth. The best way is to angle the fan so that the water goes down the vertical. The next way would be to collect the water at the ground spout.

Take care

David

------------------

Richard

Dave,
I was more courious about the collection of the waste water from the cleaning process, and keeping it all off of the roof

Richard

------------------

Bill Clough

Richard if the fan is hinged I build a confindment around the bottom and top of the fan housing with plastic sheeting drapeing it into a milk crate with a small submersable pump in side the plastic to pump the wash water out of the crate and down duct to the hood area.
If the fan is not hinged I just build a confindment close enough to the duct to set the fan into be cleaned with the pump in the lowest corner to pump out the wash water.

------------------
Bill (CPS CLEANING and RESTORATION)

David Saulque

I would consider why you are trying to keep all water off the roof. If you had the time you could contain the water as Bill stated. But for every roof there is a exception. We attempt to put as much fan water down the vertical and power off the roof and contain that runoff at the ground level.

Time is money and delays run into the second job. As a rule we get 95% of the water back into the vertical.

Other issue that one should contend with is the grease overblast and the overall cleanup of the roof. Why contain if you must in part clean the roof? Scrap and put as much water down the vertical and the job will get done in a good fashion.

------------------

Richard

Thanks for the insights,
that containment system sounds interesting,But how would you deal with somthing like a Marshal air system when setting up that containment system, espeically when you have to pull the "cone" out to wash it or the paddle fan? wouldnt you have to biuld several of them? I agree with David, it sounds like it would take a while to set that up?
we usually attach a hose, something like a wet vac hose to the down spout of the turbine and direct it to a drum on the ground, doesnt take long to set it up an then like David we power clean the over spray. I was just courious if there was a faster more effective way of managing it. Like David said "time is money"
thanks
Richard

------------------

jschessler

take some 5 gal buckets with the handles still attached
, put garbage bags inside them catch the waste water, tie bags when full and bring down from roof with a rope with a j hook attached at the end . When is a bottom floor drop rope and hook comes of handle and the garbage bag that is tied up keeps water from spilling when you bring down.This is the best method to minimize spillage on roof top.

------------------

Bill Clough

Hey David,
I did a hood last night, and remembered why I try to keep as much water off the roof as I can.
here in Ohio we had a temp.of 19deg. while we were doing the job,when you wash the fan in weather like that,if you let the water lay on the roof it freezes instantly, and makes one big mess.
It might take Me 10 minutes max for the extra setup, but saves me time in the end from trying to get the grease cicles off the roof.

------------------
(740)819-2566

David Saulque

That is why we live in California-I would not be on a roof when it is 19 degrees.

David

------------------

Schmutz Man

Stick the end of the fan inside the duct to catch the water. Don't shoot water all over the place and you won't have to worry of spillage. Technique !
Bill Clough in Zanesville- it hasn't been 19 degrees
all month of March in your town.Check weather.com.
It was mid to upper 30s the last couple of weeks in March.It might be cold in Ohio- but not as cold as you thought it was!

Schmutz Man

------------------

Bill Clough

Hey Schmutz Man,
Lets play nice.Don't make it look like I can't read a thermometer,or know that it is cold enough outside to make water freeze.HERE'S THE DEAL,you prove that it has not been BELOW FREEZING, on any given day the whole month of march in Zanesville,Ohio in the year 2001,and I will pay You $1000.00 cash.But untill then don't contradict anyone.
The tempratures on weather.com are averages over many years,and not exact tempratures for that day or month for that matter.

------------------
(740)819-2566

[This message has been edited by Bill Clough (edited April 07, 2001).]

Our Sponsors