parking lot cleaning

John Thomas

Well inquiries are staring to come in to give quotes.Would anyone have any suggestions on how to price cleaning an industrian/commercial parking lot.All I have to do is wash away the sand/salt from the lot and part of this lot is a Used Car Sales lot.I am hoping this is not to big of a job for me as these people use to get a street cleaner type truck in,in the past.there is approx 338 parking spot in this lot.

Thank you for you help John

------------------

Russ in Chicago

Far too little information to give any accurate numbers on - and what we get in the Chicago metro area could be miles from what your market prices are. Here's a general answer that will help you very little: How long will it take you and how much is your time worth? Sorry to be vague. Get the job, do the work, and learn. Right now, how much learning you get is far more important than how much money you get. That's the only way for you to have the right numbers that work for you. Good luck.

John Thomas

Thank you Russ for your information.I will use it as a learning tool.I failed to word the message properly,I was looking for a way to price,meaning what would be the appropriate to price the lot ? By the sq ft,by the hour or by the nbr of parking spots? The dollars & cents I will figure out and learn by it.If anyone has an idea please reply
Thank You John

------------------

Bob Metzgar

I would price it by the square ft. If it is any help, the sweepster type truck they used to get probably charged around $85-$100 per hr.

Tom Banks

Besides the sq.ft. estimates or time and materials, you could always ask for info on prior bids if the client will alow that. Sometimes the highs and lows can give you a rough idea on not only what the competition is doing but what kind of pricing would work the best and how much you would stand to loose or make.

R

Rick, Prowash

I'll let you in on a little secret. Pushing wet sand with a power wash wand SUCKS! We do a lot of parking lots. From 5000 sq. ft to 100,000 sq. ft. In most cases I contract a sweeper truck to do the lot just before we show up. They charge $50.00hr. Two hours of their work can save me six hours of my work.
I will probably soon have my own vac sweeper unit.

See ya,
Rick

Bruce

I'll have to agree with rick on this one, we also do a lot of parking lots and when it comes to pushing sand it can be a whole new ballgame especially if it is a asphalt parking lot that hasn't been sealed, sand gets down in the asphalt and it takes forever to get anywhere with it.
Bruce
P.S. Rick if your still giving away plans for the spinner i would like to have one, thanks.

Our Sponsors