What have I done?????

Kevin

Hey guys, i'm stilla newbie and havent washed a fleet yet but landed a 200+ new car fleet today, once every 2 weeks. When asked to do it the butterflies were swarming in me. I am a one man operation most of the time with a high school kid that is wanting work. I have a rk-21 hot water washer but no chems, no di water, just a water softener. How can I tackle the fleet and rinse with wax? What would be the best way and with what chems? Please guys, this could be the ice breaker for my biz! Do I need a small extra washer to rinse with? HELP!

------------------

Scott Stone

Life would be a lot easier with a DI unit, but, I know that you do not want to even go there. If you are going to be using soap and wax $1.25 is a little bit light. For a rinse only job it would be okay but you won't make a ton. I will assume that a few things are already done. The cars have already been detailed, and you can get your water hardness down with the softener that you have. You will need a bunch of towels or Chamois's to dry these things. It is pretty logical really. With a rinse start from the top and go down. Make sure you get every corner of the roof and flat surfaces, hood, trunk etc. And then have the Kid go behind you with a towel. Open towels work best. He will naturally want to bunch it up and rub. He will need to open it up and drag it across the top of the car. This will get the bulk of the water off. Then he will want to do the detail work after that. Remember that windows are important. After you h ave done it the first time Go and get a DI unit and you will be amazed at the difference.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Rob Blair

Hey Kevin,

For 1.25 I hope you can get by with a rinse only, but if you are looking for a wash and wax, 2 in 1 soap e-mail me and I will point you there. I am sure you can get it locally..........Rob

Our Sponsors