Addition to earlier post about flyers.

JR Wood

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I also leave a "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS" page with my estimate,I have one for house wash and deck cleaning...as many of you have probably had that call that goes like this,"We want you to do the job, but my husband has a few questions first"This happens 50% of the time with me, so I took all the questions and answered them on a piece of paper.This can really save time and some customers tell me that letter was the reason I got the job.The most asked questions for deck cleaning are:
1. What kind of chemicals are you using,and will they harm my plants?
2.How often should I have this done?
3.I had this done 2 years ago will you be able to get the old finish off? ETC...ETC...ETC

I also go into a little bit of detail about pricing.Like it might be a little more expensive than the estimate if the old finish doesn't come off as easy as it should,or it isn't what they said it was(don't laugh this happens...sometimes on purpose if the customer had a previous estimate and the other guy told them tha baer was very hard to get off...so they say it's something else!) This covers me if I end up getting screwed for time.
During the spring I have very little time to make all these phonecalls and sometimes the people want you to stop by so that they can ask a few questions.With this insert with my estimate it saves time and sometimes gets you the job.

------------------

Mike Hughes

JR.....thanks for sharing. I have had intentions of making a FAQ handout for over a year now, but never found the time. I really should do it over the winter and be ready for next year.

Thanks again

Mike

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors