just a thought.(ATTN Dan Flynn)

JR Wood

I was just wondering if we could have a section that was off limits to guests,Like this tricks of the trade section.Because I know for a fact that I have done a customer that has asked questions on some of these bbs.The last thing I want is a customer coming on line and recognizing my name and seeing me bragging about how easy I can snag them as a customer!Last year I did an estimate and came on line a day or two later and had the very same customer going through all the bbs asking questions about estimates they had received.

------------------
J.R WOOD POWER WASHING*1-800-782-9919
ABACUS DECK CARE*1-866-7-ABACUS
J&B SNOW PLOW*1-973-328-6650
SHOWCASE LAWNS OF NEW JERSEY*1-866-SHOCASE

DID SOMEONE SAY DIVERSIFY?

Mike Hughes

JR,

An interesting idea.......and a good point, but remember, there is nothing stopping them from just joining up to view the board. So, in effect, it would be useless.

Mike

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
That's true Mike,

I have thought about the same thing before. Not much you can do. But if you look at it in a positive way. They just might get an education on what it take to services their needs.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Jon

There is a way, say before you can be allowed into this speical area you must be verified and perhaps even prove your in the business.

I know it might sound like we don't trust others but that can be a way to be sure all who are allowed in are truly in the business.

Not trying to keep out those that are but don't post. But like the PWNA, you must be a member to get into certain areas.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Craig Knight

All that has to be done is for Dan to come visit each and every one of us to find out if we are for real or not.
laughing.gif

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

JR Wood

I agree with Jon Fleischer.someone surfing the web is not going to be that inclined to join a web site just to get some info .I don't know if any of you will remember this post on a few of the BBs last year, but I am sure someone will.A lady posted questions regarding
staining their deck with cabots and it rained 30 minutes later and she was real concerned....well that was a customer of mine and I asked her if that was her and she verified it.I am all for educating the customer but there are some things I would rather not have them Know.If someone is willing to sign up just to learn about our trade than so be it,I just don't want to be caught off guard from a potential customer.

------------------
J.R WOOD POWER WASHING*1-800-782-9919
ABACUS DECK CARE*1-866-7-ABACUS
J&B SNOW PLOW*1-973-328-6650
SHOWCASE LAWNS OF NEW JERSEY*1-866-SHOCASE

DID SOMEONE SAY DIVERSIFY?

Scott Stone

How about a pay only area. Say for $25 a year or so a guy could have access to the contractors only are? There would be two benefits as I see it.
1. No Guests with out a fee.
2. Dan would get some help on paying for the site.

Just a thought.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Jon

Well I'll be, did Scott just offer to pay for all of us?
boldred.gif
boldblue.gif

All kidding aside I think that is a great idea and if Dan will publish his address or PO Box I will send my check for $25.00 out today.

I mean it is tax deductible, it is a business expense!!!!!

<FONT face="Tahoma"><FONT size="6"><FONT COLOR="Blue">I am serious, not kidding about sending him that money.</FONT f></FONT s></FONT c>

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited January 16, 2001).]

Bret Trussell

Hey you can count me in to pay...I learn a heck of a lot from you guys & if we have a place like this maybe rookies like myself could learn even more..You Know there are somethings you pro's don't post but maybe just maybe you would on this post..tkanks

Bret

------------------
Don't let your bussiness own you!You own your bussiness.And don't lose focus of your family or God above..

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not sure I would pay to tell everyone how to do things. I realize I too learn from the board and Dan’s not a running this as a charity either. Paying might limit the quality of the persons posting. newbees will be happy to send the money in and some veterans that understand that Dan might need support.

Maybe this would be a good idea. Only allow those in that area by the quality time spent answering post and contributing to the board. After all this type of merit system is al ready in place. It also might encourage others too participate more in other forums so they can gain access to the special forum.

Just to let you know I still would not like this if I where a new person. It gives you a feeling that things are going on behind closed doors. It could cause the board to have less activity based on that others may not want to come here and participate if they cannot be involved in every aspect.

just a thought??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Jon

Ron,

This would be only one area for the paying members, not the whole board.

If I understand it correctly everything that is now here would stay as it is, guest could read but not post.

There would be a new area, could be called paid members or senior members only or whatever.

In fact I recall when Dan first started this board he was going to have a senior only section but never went with it.

If I had to pay to be able to just read every post I doubt I would do that either.

Ron you have learned as you say, and I am sure others have learned from you too. Also this in no way would interfere with your plans on another type of association.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Jon,

I realize that the only area would be a special forum. (One)

My quote
“Just to let you know I still would not like this if I where a new person. It gives you a feeling that things are going on behind closed doors. It could cause the board to have less activity based on that others may not want to come here and participate if they cannot be involved in every aspect.â€

Jon’s quote
“â€â€â€â€â€â€â€In fact I recall when Dan first started this board he was going to have a senior only section but never went with it.â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€
I remember that too. If he had I would not have participated on this board. I was one who felt that looking in from the outside was not right. I still think it’s a bad idea. I was just trying to be nice about it. I was also trying to give a perspective from the other side of the fence.

Your right about that if people had to pay you would need to offer something more than this bb.

Jon, I never mentioned it would interfere with our plans to start a pressure washing organization. If I started one I would not use the bb. I think having a private forum here of any kind would take a way from this boards magic.

Its Dan’s bb and he knows where he’s going. Dan how about your thoughts on this separate board. Also a lot of guys is mentioning about paying for the board.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Mike Hughes

Dan,

Maybe it's time to start using that "karma" function....???

I would not have a problem with paying for access to a private board (one), if that's the direction Dan would like to go. Although, we should probably leave well enough alone.......

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Clean County

I have to agree with Ron on this one. If you make someone pay to be here than you will lose some people because why would they want to pay so they could give out information. Does that make sense to pay to give out information that could help someone. If anything they should be paid for there knowledge. Plus if you make it were only paid members can post than you will lose any information that someone who is not a member that would have posted something of value. And just because we are members it doesn't make us the smartest one's in this field. I for one would hate to lose free knowledge that someone could have passed on. Now if money is an issue here than there is ways to raise money for this board via solitation,donations raffles etc. I am the vice president of my union on my other job and yes you have to pay union dues like most unions do but to get the real money to make things fly you do it thru other means such as what I stated above. But to make people pay for an information site where they are the ones passing the information then you may get alot of defectors here. This is one mans opinion which doesn't mean this is the right or wrong answer to this, just an opinion. -John-

------------------

Dan S

i dont mind helping out with money.but to pay to have a service when we can go else where to "learn".
im not saying this to cause any fighting but if it was really that expensive then i believe that Dan would say something or ask for help...and besides im sure he can write this off somehow.i e-mailed him sometime ago and offered to send some money he never got back to me.so that tells me he dont need it ,or to proud to say.
but you guys keep insisting to pay, well pay .send some money dont make it a issue for everybody else.
and if you think that by paying you can have a secret room to talk about prices so your competitors cant read ......i have to laugh .what if they pay? what if they send in 100.$$ more than you.
i love this board and the folks in it but dont you think every body is trying to change something that is not there's? if you want to help out keep it private we dont need to know you sent $$ to Dan.it's like hey look at me i sent $$...big deal ....thank you ....now lets go on with our lives.........
i know some will find this pretty crappy. others will disagree....but i will still wash trucks i will still have a business..this board has helped me .and i hope i have said something to help in this board.
Dan if ya need the $$ you can count on me .but please dont make it an option.
ya know it's funny i have never heard him say he was broke because of this board....

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT COLOR="OrangeRed">Dan you kill me sometimes with your post
laughing.gif
it makes me think alot of these guys stands up in church and say hey I putting 20 dollars today if you will,but I don't know where the plate is,so you put it in first so I can
laughing.gif
.I can get anybodys address off the net even your and your address,your street will matter fact I can print out a map to your house by using the net
laughing.gif
.Plus I have a buddy that knows how to be a hacker.I thought about trying to think of a place to hide
laughing.gif
but where someone will find me
eek.gif

Hey it snowed here last night.
</FONT c>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Jon

<FONT size="5"><FONT COLOR="Green">Bigboy find my home address</FONT s></FONT c><FONT size="6"><FONT COLOR="Teal">Sure my mailing address shows but unless I gave you my home address I am not so sure you can find it, I have not been able to yet.</FONT s></FONT c>

<FONT COLOR="Red">If you do don't post it but Email it to me. No there is NO reward other then you have proved I am findable. </FONT c>
------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited January 18, 2001

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited January 18, 2001).]

Craig Knight

I just wish i was as tight with my money as some of you are, seriously i do. I like toys too much. Wife hasnt griped much, yet.
lickout.gif

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

T

Two Guys Enterprise

Heyas,
Once there were four guys who played poker together for better than thirty years. Competition within the group was always on a high level, each trying everything possible to outdo his buds. When the first of the group passed away the remaining trio attended the viewing etc. First guy to the box made his peace and dropped a $50 bill in as a farewell gesture. The second followed, slipping a C-note under the fifty with a sly grin. The last guy said his fare thee well and with a snort, declared his two partners to be grubbers and proceded to drop a $1,000 check into the casket.
No point to that story except I thought of it when I read the post re the standing in church and all that.

Why look at a "private" exchange post as a pay for play venture? One person could "moderate" the exchange of information and maintain exclusivity simply by having an email address where that information could be sent. The emails could be copied into the text of a website page and only certified "members" would be privy to the address.

Verification of "professional" status could be handled by submission of a letterhead or a billing form from your business. Another way would be to allow admission to only those with a valid Employer Identification Number. If a "browsing" customer goes through the hassle of designing a billing form and has an EIN, just for the benefit of looking for trade secrets, that's a guy you want to play straight with or avoid altogether.

I'm still seeing that I list as a guest on here until I post a reply. Am I missing a step or are many of the "guests" just Members who haven't thought of anything to say during their current visit?

Dave

------------------
Two Guys' Enterprise
"Superior Results at a Sensible Price"

[This message has been edited by Two Guys Enterprise (edited January 18, 2001).]

Our Sponsors