Resoak--how do you do it

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT COLOR="MediumBlue">Dan,thought we should start another topic.</FONT c>

<FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">My resoak tank is plumbed for flo-jet and main pump.One of the lines goes to the intake of the psi pump,I have it plumbed with a Y with values on each Y,one shuts the water off from supply tank the other one turns on the resoak tank.</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I Idle the engine down when appling and use my psi hole to apply it with.</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I let mine run threw the coils because I like appling it hot sometimes (do not idle down if appling hot) but can be plumded around heater with a T with values on each line, one to shut off going to coils.I know that sounds like alot of values to remember but I have all of them in a nice little group,</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">fast,quick and easy to get to.</FONT c>
<FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">It took me awhile to master it because of the extra resoak in coils and psi hose and the volume it will put out,as the reason for idling down.</FONT c>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Dan S

im just a dumb PA boy from the back hill's there bigboy
i have no idea where you are at on this one .it sounds great but im a lil confused.( we pa dudes are slow )
draw me a pic. or take a pic. and send it to me.

sounds like that is alot of running back and forth to your p/wer.

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

Craig Knight

Einstein,

Backwoods here. I wonder how many of us sorda shrunk down in our seats as we read that post. Now i know why you get so many truck washing accounts, you dazzle them with bs.

Seriously, i think if you told me why/what you use a resoak tank for, and what you mean by VALUES on each line, i could follow.

Still Dazed,

Craig

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Larry L.

Hahahaha,Einstein,hahahaha

Sorry,I went back and reread but I know what I was talking about and couldn't understand it ever
hapfac01.gif
.Alot of times when I'm posting I have drivers that call me to just bs,they may be in your state when they do so.That night had one to call from Harrisburg,Pa. to just tell me he had made it that far with a clean truck but was fixing to run into some nasty stuff.I don't know if any of you go though something like that or not but they will call up to 1 am just to talk and they may talk 1 to 2 hours at a time.If my phone is busy they chew me out real good sometimes and offer to pay for that thing that tell you somebody wanten ya
laughing.gif
.Have talked up to 3 1/2 hours with some and know somebody is trying to get hold of me but I will not hang up on them or tell I haveta go,as the reason for not haveing that thing on my phone.So I try to listen to them while trying to do other things,no what I mean.Not only that but I get to see other states though the truck drivers eyes.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="MediumBlue">Will get back to ya on the resoak after I've had time to think how to tell ya
hapfac01.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.

Larry L.

<FONT size="4"><FONT COLOR="Red">O K I'm ready to stab at it again grab on to someting.</FONT c></FONT s>

<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="MediumBlue">Pressure pump==main pump on your pw( 5gpm,3000psi).</FONT c></FONT f></FONT s>
<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">resoak tank==Presoak tank.
hapfac01.gif

Value==turning stuff off,,grate or ballvalue.</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s>

<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">Simple plumbed==ack like your presoak tank is your water supply tank,plumb it to your pressure pump on the intake side with ever 1/2 or 3/4 supply line with a on and off value in that line.Plumb your water supply line to the presoak line with a Y and put a on and off value in that line also.</FONT c></FONT f></FONT s>
<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">When you get ready to presoak turn off the water supply and turn on the presoak,when done presoaking turn off and turn water suppy back on.</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s><FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">By doing it this way I can use the same psi hose and wand I wash with .Also it does a better job plus your not draining your battery like you do when useing a flo-jet plus WOW it squirts higher.</FONT c></FONT f></FONT s>

<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">Also when upstreaming out of other chemical tanks if the mix is not strong enough for that job (hy.eqt.) with metering value wide open you can use the value on the water supply line to make it draw more chemicals by cutting some of the water back,it will make it draw more chemicals.</FONT c></FONT f></FONT s>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Red">Did I explain it or do I need to try again in a different tongue/</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Craig Knight

Your too cool for school.
laughing.gif

I love it. Been buying them dang shur-flo's like they are going out of style.

Got some questions.
1. Does it clog up your heater coil?
2. Does the heat with the presoak help alot?
3. Presoak hurt the pump? Or non-caustic?
4. How much hose do you have? Doesn't it use up alot of chemicals before you get to presoak anything, and doesn't it take a long time, after switching to rinse, to get to rinse water?

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="SaddleBrown">Craig,remember those words up there MASTER IT.</FONT c></FONT f>

1. Does it clog up your heater coil?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkRed">All the soaps I know of will leave a soap scale (even when upstreaming) in your pump and coils.I run a acid though mine 2,3 or 4 times a year to clean the pump and coils for soap scale and water scale.</FONT c></FONT f>

2. Does the heat with the presoak help alot?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkRed">Yes to some extent,only problem you have to run you engine wide open because of the burner needing volteage to work properly.When wide open you better be a master of it or you'll see $$$$ coming out the end of the hose,but its like anything else you try to do,after you have wasted a few bucks you'll learn how.</FONT c></FONT f>

3. Presoak hurt the pump? Or non-caustic?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkRed">In time anything will hurt the pump even water.I use cat pumps and have not had no problems with it,not even with caustic.I can't say what it will do to other pumps.</FONT c></FONT f>

4. How much hose do you have? Doesn't it use up alot of chemicals before you get to presoak anything, and doesn't it take a long time, after switching to rinse, to get to rinse water?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkRed">I use 100 ft. of hose 95% of the time,on the rest of the Q'tion is where mastering it comes in to play.Just like when I'm upstreaming I don't wait to shut the soap off when done cleaning and switch to rinse,I shut the soap off and turn on rinse but still have enough soap in the lines to finish before the rinse gets there.</FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Brown">I also know how to fix things with bailng wire and duck tape if ya ever need to know.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Rob Blair

Hey Guys,

Good info! Diversity is a good thing, I enjoy hearing how others do the same thing.

Dan, I hear you on the way you apply you chems. You are doing it exactly the way we do, shur-flo a 1step chem and rinse. I agree on the downstream injector, not to good 1-stepping. We as well carry water and like to conserve where we can. Would be interested in what chem you are using if you wouldn't mind. E-mail me if you would rather.

Bigboy, we have 2stepped in the past and it works wonders but my biggest problem is just a wiff of HF and my son who is my partner reacts something terrible, and so chose not to use it.

Rob

------------------

Craig Knight

<center>My Daily Blunder</center>

Ok, Bigboy, Disconnected my half inch shurflo line from my chemical tank. Plumbed it for 3/4 inch.

Unplugged my float tank 3/4" line from Y where it Y's into Monster water tank feed. (with me so far)

Ran 3/4" hose from chemical tank and plugged it into Y where i removed the float tank line. So there it is, Chemical (presoak) tank feeding pw, and water supply tank feeding pw, joining at the Y valve.

Mixed up chemicals in presoak tank (35 gal). Set Y to feed from chemical tank. Stretched out hose. Fired up pressure washer.

Then a driver came over and wanted to know some stuff, and i talked to him for a few minutes. Picked up the wand, and started spraying. Nothing happened. Sat there spitting and sputtering long enough i got to worrying about the pump. So i threw the wand down, went back to the trailer and shut off the machine.

Went to chemical tank to make sure i turned the valve on to let the chemicals out, and BAM, NO CHEMICALS IN TANK. Thats when i realized that all my chemicals were now in my big tank, since i have the unloader recirculating the water back to the holding tank (water).

Pretty slick huh. As i was talking, it unloaded the chemical tank into the water tank. Forgot all about that. Put another Y from unloader to water tank, and to chemical tank, so it will still unload and keep water circulation to prevent pump damage, just have to switch two valves, one for intake, one for unloader, to direct to which ever tank i am drawing from.

Craig

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Red">Graig I didn't think about some of you having your unloader plumbed to the supply tank.One thing about it ya got a clean supply tank
laughing.gif
.The reason I didn't just jumpup and think about it is because I do not use a unloader,SORRY MAN know what kind of plain it is to get that most soap in supply tank
eek.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">Glad you
look.gif
around and seen how to replumb,
smash.gif
thats what I think about the unloader.When I first started in pw-ing I left a soap value on with an empty supply tank,When I started filling my supply tank with water with a 3 inch hose the tank was about haft full of water BUT soap was coming out the top like there was plenty more where what came from.I tried to keep putting water in it hopeing it would clear up.I had soap suds knee deep and it covered what looked like a football feild
lickout.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I thought most of it was out so I went back to washing and when I turned on the rinse,will it didn't work worth a
fart.gif
.I lost a haft days work on account of it,I made that same mistake 3 more times before I realize I needed to
thinkerg.gif
and make SURE those soap values are off.I have all my values plumbed to a platform in front of the finder on trailer at frame level.They are easy got to PLUS I CAN SEE if any of them are on or off when rolling up my hose. </FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="OrangeRed">Rob, this is not the way I apply the 2-step,,,,understand your reason to choose not to use HF.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Our Sponsors