School buses

bigdog265

Just done a demo job washing school buses. Man, I never imagined how dirty they could be. I'm glad I demo'd before pricing though. It took me 45 min to wash 1 bus. Going to talk with them on monday about price.

Anyway, There was some black stains on paint that I could not get off. I used my normal fleet wash stuff to no avail.
blackeye.gif
I then added some degreaser to see if that would help but again to no avail.
blackeye.gif
blackeye.gif

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

Greg

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Good luck on getting the account.
It didn't look that dirty either did it.

The black stain is under a black strip of paint that goes around the bus?or is it under the windows or under the rubber around all glass.Is this more of a streak running up and down then a stain?or is it a ghost like stain dat you can see all over the bus,Could it be diesel smoke?

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

bigdog265

Bigboy

Thanks for the help. They were more like ghost stains that were all over the bus. Is it diesel soot?

Thanks

Greg

------------------

Larry L.

Yes thats what it sounds like to me,did your degreaser mix fade it any? If its set in the paint it any take awhile to get it all,there are other chemicals you can try.Sometimes your degreaser mix will do it if strong enuff but be careful,do it sectons.

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.

bigdog265

Bigboy,

Yes, it did fade as I washed it, but it's still there. I didn't use just degreaser, but I mixed it with my washing soap. Maybe a stronger mix next time? What do you think?

What other chems do you suggest?

Thanks for the help
Greg

------------------

Scott Stone

rememeber when you bid these things that after the first wash they will not take nearly as long. I think that a stronger degreaser should be the ticket. You might even want to bite the bullet if you know that they are going to be a recurring account and presoak the buses with a straight degreaser and then wash normally. It might cost a little more in chemicals, but it could save you some serious time.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Larry L.

I knew you didn't use str. D.

Yes make your soap mix stronger with the D. but becareful.

The stain your talking about is a tough one,its been on there to long and has set in the paint.I've seem that ghost like stain so bad it takes a rubbing compound to remove.Alot of times it can be done your way but will take several washing to do so.

Would suggest on bid:=first time wash at $$ then $ after.
Also do your bookwork before you go:= is the maintenance personal paid by hr. or ? (talk to these guys find out,p/w maintenace,chemical cost and how long they spend on each bus).,,,You will have a better chance in getting the account if you go before the school board.As your explaining to them,throw in how much safer a clean bus would be ever chance you get and ask them to agree with you each time.
Will email ya on other chemical,dang it.

------------------

Larry L.

bling make Greg cough it up.

Scott,I didn't know the degreasers now days was that weak or safe to use that way.The one I make
naughty.gif
will fade,bubble,streak and take some paint off if applied str.,as for the warning in becareful.

Will agree with you tho if the degreaser is NOT a hot one
boom.gif
.If the bus has a Black painted strip around it,if not careful it will streak or fade if the D is to strong.I haven't used degreaser in the mix for several years now(use other)but know its one heck of a getter if mixed right
yawn.gif
icon39.gif

------------------

Scott Stone

Well, they will. That is why you want to apply it evenly. It will take off all of the oxidation. The advantage is that they will be cleaner, and easier to clean in the future. He could also try acid washing them, if he is in to that sort of thing. He would have to be real careful around the windows though. He also might want to put some cheater wax on at the end to seal the paint somewhat. It would certainly help. Another option is to take R109 or something similar and mix it at twice the normal strength and wash it that way. A lot of options, but the best one is decided by the guy doing the washing.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

bigdog265

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it and hope to someday return the favor.

Thanks

Greg

------------------

Our Sponsors