UNEXPLORED TERRITORIES

PUREPOWER

Hey folks,

Well... I got the fever to go get some more accounts today and explored into an area that I have never done.
I got two used car lots and a garbage company with four trucks.

used cars... lots right on major roadway, lots of dust,
both have detail shops, average cars, 85 per lot.

G man trucks... very dirty.verydirty.verydirty.

Help me out, what chem am I using. Is it the same for both jobs. All three accounts are weekly.

Feedback is the breakfast of champions....please make me a champion. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jordan
PURE POWER HIGH PRESSURE CLEANING

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">Jordan

What kind of trucks are we talking about,,Carhauler,rollback,wrecker in other words what kind of paint do they have on them,,Imron?clearcoat?you can use stronger chemicals on Imron.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Craig Knight

Jordan,

Wash some trash trucks, too. Don't do them weekly, do them monthly. I use a heavy butyl degreaser and put it on thick with a foamer. Melts the caked on crud right off it. Use high heat, and watch the hydraulic hoses. No big deal, just takes a while.

I am talking about the big compactor trucks. I also clean some packer rigs that are on gooseneck trailers. Like Bigboy said, you gotta watch the paint, but degreaser hasn't hurt either type.

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">Graig

I read Jordans post with
wobble.gif
eyes,yel I see it now GARBAGE but I also seen alot of cars man.I agree with your way on that type of truck
hapfac01.gif
</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">On todays newer cars and trucks the clear want take much to damage it.Its a polyurethane enamel and it can't beathe like the other,the top part of the clear is porus,also its more of a plastic form,its applied every every thin.Some of the stronger chemicals will bubble the clear coat on todays cars and trucks.</FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Red">Yel I feel stupid
naughty.gif
but I'll get over it,did you say busch or brush
icon39.gif
</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.

Craig Knight

Bigboy,

I hear ya on the automobile paints. You said more there in the last post than i know about auto paints. Never washed car lots before. Don't even wash my own truck.
rolleyes.gif
Take it and have it done. I know thats nuts, but i would be SKEERED to use my stuff on it, much less someone else's. I like them big ugly trucks, so if you take some paint off, it probably will only help the looks.
look.gif

Oh yeah, when i said degreaser won't hurt either, i was refering to the trash or packer, not auto's.
------------------
Craig Knight www.powerwashunlimited.com

[This message has been edited by Craig Knight (edited January 12, 2001).]

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkRed">Graig

Thats what these bbs is for to tell each other things,weather it be agreeing or disagreeing,I don't mind getting my hair pulled,,,sort of funny to me.

I've had me a taste of that car dealership washing before at 4 dallors a car.You couldn't run me down with a five dallor bill to get me to do it again either,I just wash big trucks.

Ugly trucks,,when I first started washing those big suckers nasty wasn't the word for it.I've washed some nasty trucks man no kidding the oil would be dripping as I was washing.The D.O.T should have goten them off the road years ago,tough old trucks.Oil would be all over the trailers not counting fuel tanks and stuff.You talk about useing chemicals now I went though them suckers like piss ants eaten grasshoppers.I still love washing that kind everyonce in awhile just to laugh at myseft cuz they really wasn't nasty at all.Back then other p/wers and I learned how to add degreaser to our soap mix and I have seen degreaser do damage to paint and metal,as the reason I will always warn in being careful then useing.Know truck washer washes like the other,there is always something alittle different.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Our Sponsors