Hey Dan,,Liq'd Road Salt

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">You mite not realize this but I have been trying to find out about something on that crap for afew years now.Its bad to think you know how to clean and run into something like this as in beening hard to understand why you can't figure out how to remove,no what I mean.Will I found out alittle bit,so take look,I'm going to delete some stuff.

It comes off the paint good but the bare matel parts it a bogger to get off.On chrome rims it comes easy,on polished rims it comes off fairly easy but on anything alumium it looks as tho it eating it up.It looks as tho its pited into the rims,rails but its not.Its all over the rims like frecks a black brownish spot.Sometimes str. HF or degreaser as trouble gettig it off.
Do you what this is?,,,,How do you deal with it==

==Hey Biggy,
I don't think it's salt that is causing the problem(without seeing what you are talking about).

===Understand what your saying (name) but its Liquid salt with something mixed in it I don't know what.==

=Bigboy,, The nasty crap you talking about is called Magnesium Chloride. It is a liquid deicer quite liberally here in Colorado. It attacks aluminum instantly. It leaves the brown spots and even after polishing you can tell where it was. The problem is so bad the the trucking industry went to Washington to complain that their extremely expensive equipment was be ruined. They were basically told to bad, it saves lives, which is more important than your equipment. I do not know of any great solutions to the damage this causes but you may want to try.

He didn't tell how it could be removed,but he gave me a name to Call to see if they Knew of a chemical that would attaCK Magnesium Choride.

I love my P C and the people thats online.I thought for awhile I was the only one that had this problem,with all the trucks some of you wash,looks like they too would have it on the alumi rails if running in the states that use this crap.Will back to the drawing board,if I find out more,I'll let somebody know
bounce2.gif
smash.gif
rain.gif
</FONT f>
</FONT c>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Dan S

where are you getting all your info?
sounds like you gat those spec's preaty well taken care of......we must not have liq. salt here in PA.
did you ever try a TURBO? a lil heat and some good degreaser???????

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">what you mean where,,,,I get it,,,Have you ever had a good set of rabbit dogs,,,,will thats how I get it
laughing.gif

Every year about now I think I have ask dat same Q'tion,for 3 or 4 year and nobody has gave me a good enough answer as to stop asking or looking.

I had a truck driver call me from Wyoming telling me he was headed my way and he was black as black of spades to get ready he'd be here at so and so time.He was doing alot of bitching as what his truck looked like.I ask him to do me a favor as to the next time he seen one of those salt trucks to stop and ask what the heck that stuff was,he said ok,then I just took it from there and went around the world asking bout that crap.You'd be amazed at how may people they are out there justing looking to help somebody,yel amazing
hapfac01.gif

No,I don't think you have that kind of salt in your state now but more then likely in the next few years you will.The trucks that come out of your area are white with salt but the ones that comes from the west has the black salt and its heck to get off alumiun if its been on there 3 or 4 weeks.On bare metal parts like chrome,polished and stainless steel it comes off fairly easy but man on alumiun its
eek.gif
.It will even
laughing.gif
at your turbo with hotwater and str.degreaser
laughing.gif
.If you can wash it every week you can sort of control it but the way the weather has been this year,some are still 6 to 7 weks behind in getting washed and those are the ones that looks as tho its eating them up plus you can't get it all off,,will they can't afford to pay me for 2 to 3 hrs. work plus chemicals.
I think I'm going to love those love bugs this year that come out of the southern states
laughing.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Our Sponsors