Coal and Gravel Trucks

bigdog265

Hello Fellow PW's,

I got to looking around my area and never realized how many coal trucks we have around here. Indepenant guys that only have 1 or 2 trucks. They all look dirty and need washing.

Any of you folks wash truck like this on regular basis. I really wonder how long it would take to clean one. Looks like maybe a little longer that a OTR cab.

You folks think theres money in them coal trucks?

Greg

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">Hi Puppy

Money hmmmmm,No but you may find alittle gold dust.Yes I think there is money it
laughing.gif
thats all do how is wash local indepenant trucks.I have weekys and every 2 weeks accounts plus others inbetween.Plus I wash alot of OTR indepenants that are coming though on their way else where or local,I make more doing indpent. trucks then I did doing fleets.You may be the guy they are looking for but can't find if you know what I mean.Just because you have a p/w and pulling it around town they do not know you may be able to wash their trucks.If that is the case you'll get all the business you can handle because of the C B's or word of mouth.These guys around here where tickled to see me coming,got alot of pats on the back saying man we been needing somebody to wash our trucks but didn't know if you would or not,,,,,,Go get you some business man your looking at.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

bigdog265

Bigboy,

I will definately get out there and get some of those trucks. Heck I know some of these guys personally. I don't know why I didn't think of it before now. Except maybe that I'm so broke I can barely PAY attention.

You said you do some OTR's that are just passing through. I thought about going down to the local truck stop and trying to set something up with the owner a couple days a week. He accepts those trucker credit cards. Thought I might pay him so much per truck for water and running card through his machine.

What do you think 'bout that?

BTW, sent you 2 emails. 1 has some docs attached.

Greg

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkOliveGreen">Would advice not to wash at no truck stop,to may reason to post.I have a spot they can pull over off the main drag about 2 miles from the house.I started out just washing OTR local guys and they tell other truckers,I don't wash all that call.but I know one thing for sure,if their hauling any kind of fruit I get some mmmmm love those purple grapes mmmm nice and cold mmmm.All of these trucks are polished from head to toe and you wouldn't belieeeeeeve how many colors they come in,pretty trucks.

Besides I think your fixing to get all you want for awhile,if nobodys been washing them you'll see word of mouth work for you nomatter how good you are
laughing.gif
and just think they have been there along just waiting on ya.keep looking around you noticed those,you'll see more and they too they been there,you just didn't see them at the time but now you know what to look for.Find out where the railroad take their trucks to be serviced,make a deal with the guy thats servicing them for you to wash them,he pays you he charges railroad or getem yourself they pay 30 to 40 days or they have a spot you can connect in just afew days but they hold 10% out of the total.look around for those big wreckers or wholesalers with bob trucks.As of now I want do no more fleets until I can find depenable help to many other trucks out there with more money in their pockets.I also wash for farmers though the week,as of now I'm 5 weeks behind because of the weather on getting their eqt. washed,,good luck</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.

bigdog265

Bigboy,

I seriousily never realized until the last couple of days how much work there was.

Went to my buddies place today. He has 10 dumptrucks like we talked about. After talking to him, found out he has a guy that handwashes and waxes his trucks, but he wants me to do the rails and beds.

We talked awhile and he said that he thought it would take about 2 1/2 hours to clean each truck. I gave him a price by the hour and shazaam, I now have about 20 hours of work to do next week at a very nice price per hour.

After this job, he said we would talk about doing it on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Works great for me. I didn't have to sweat on a per truck price.

Man I love this biz more and more each day.

Thanks for all the help.

Greg

Oh yea, found some of those barrels we talked about today. 13.5 gal

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
laughing.gif
hapfac01.gif

bigdog

Like I have said before LOOK around
look.gif
See what I tell you,,more bisiness then you handle before long
icon39.gif
.The only educating you need to do is,try to advise them of the need to keep it clean not meaning weeky or monthly just advise.Then listen to your customor,they'll educate you on their needs,they done smart enuff or they would be in business.These type of guys are ok,some are alittle hard to please which aren't we all but they still want you to washem,no what I mean.YOU"LL run into one problem,some of these type like to talk man
laughing.gif
,I don't have a problem in dat area cuz I sort of like it too,sometimes man it takes awhile to get away from them,ya got to keep saying I got to go,I got to go and finally they'll turn ya lose
laughing.gif

dang ate supper tonite,set in chair,think somebody hit me on the head cuz I don't remember even getting set down good
hapfac01.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Our Sponsors