What recovery system do you use?

bigdog265

Hello FleetWashers,

What types of catch system are you guys using? Do you mostly wash on concrete and catch the water off that or are you using some type of mat.

Did you buy a system or piece something together? It would appear that one of those shop-vacs that pumps water would be an idea recapture unit.

Anyway, just looking for some ideas.

As always, Thanks for the help.
Greg (or as Bigboy say "PUPPIE")

------------------

Dan S

i built my own....i use a trailer it has a 200 gal tank straped to it and when i need to capture i block the drains with a tarp then suck it up with a sump pump

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Scott Stone

Those vacuums are cool, only one problem, they either suck or they pump and they don't do both at the same time.

I have a 55 gallon drum witha vacuum head and a swimming pool pump that I use. Then I have an 1 1/2 inch hose that attaches to the pump that runs to my tank. It is crude, but, it works. I actually probably spent more on it than a lot of people do, but I wnated something a little more reliable, and most shp vacs are not rated for continuous duty. This means that they work great for a while then the motor burns up.

If you want filters they are easy enough to add, inline.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

TLeClair

Scott could you provide a few more details regarding your capture system? And I was wondering how much of the wash water do you actually capture ? Would I need to plan on capturing the same gallon amount that I used while washing or is it considerably less with evaporation and water that otherwise doesn't make it to the pit ?
Dan I like your easy and simple method.
Thanks,
Todd

------------------

Our Sponsors