capturing

TLeClair

To those of you who have experience capturing your wash water. How much of the actual wash water do you actually capture compared to the amount of water used while washing? If I used 250 gallons to wash on a hard surfac do I need to plan on capturing 250 gallons of water? Just looking for estimates here.
Thanks,
Todd

------------------

L

Layman's P/W

Todd,
When Fleet washing you can expect to lose forty percent due to drive off, evaporation and over spray so you will capture sixty gallons for every one hundred sprayed.

Daren

------------------

Dave Olson

Our experience with capturing water on a hard surface is we lost 50-60%, wind, evaporation, etc. Used 900 gallons, picked up 450!

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

Scott Stone

It depends on how you are recapturing. If you are using a mat then you will capture more. If it is on Asphalt or Concrete it will be less. The most I have ever recaptured on asphalt has been around 50%. Through judicious use of evaporation and placement of the suction device, (pump or Vacuum), even that can be reduced. I have captured as little as 10% and nothing went off property or away from where the trucks are being washed. Of course, it was a 115 degree day with 20% hunidity. We did not realistically even have time to brush the trucks before the soap would dry on them. What I am trying to say is that there are a lot of variables that will have an effect on what you will recover.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

TLeClair

Thanks everyone that provided information. I gather that figuring on capturing 50% of the water would be a practical starting point, realizing that there are several variables to consider also.

------------------

Our Sponsors