Marketing fleet washing

Tim

I have a possible lead to wash a major soft drink suppliers delivery trucks on a weekly basis (total 102 trucks + various OTR's that come in as well). Have seen the marketing posts about residential / commercial, but thot this might require a little different approach. What has been successful for y'all? Any other tips other than calling directly and offering a demo? Do you make up a full proposal w/ brochures, etc? I am just starting on a larger scale out and want to diversify til I find my niche. Any suggestions on how to prepare, approach, bid, etc is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for everyone's help so far. Especially a BIG "thank you" to Harold @ Baldwin Power Wash who works within my market and STILL has offered valuable info to help me get off the ground. Its people like that that give this board and profession the true meaning to the word "professional."
Thanks,
Tim

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

J

Jim&Shirley

Hi Tim
We do a lot of cold calls and pick-up alot of accounts
doing demos.or you can call to see if there intrested
having this done.
you have already done your home work knowing what they have, figure out what your going to charge and offer them a discount and for this much business we would offer to do a full demo also consider offering extras
such as cleaning out the inside of these trucks and also doing windows, if we know were coming out a head
on a bid or proposal we will throw somthing in for Free
Just don"t ever take on more than you can Do, and be the best you can be! we also guarantee all our work.

hope this helps and this is just our thoughts.
P.S LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT, GOOD-LUCK.

JIM & Shirley

------------------

Scott Stone

If you look in the articles section, there is an article that I wrote for cleaner times. The biggest challenge is getting to do a demo. After that is follow up, follow up, follow up. On large and presumably profitable accounts like this, I prepare a folder with a cover. In it I put a few things:
1. A cover letter stating my experience
2. References of other large customers
3. A copy of my certificate of insurance
4. Pictures if you have got them
5. MSDS of all the chemicals that you use
6. Letters of reference
7. An official copy of the local environmental regulations.
Hope this helps
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Our Sponsors