A Few Tips

ameri-clean

Hi all! This may get lengthy but I will try to keep it as short as possible! On Feb. 24 we were gasing up one of our washers. We had surface prep on half of a brand new truck. Being in a hurry we didn't let the machine cool down so guess what happened! We ran over $2000 worth of gas through our pressure washers last year but it only took one time to lose our entire operation! We lost 2 two-step pressure washers,one with a remote, a 500 gallon water tank, some chemicals, and lots of misc. stuff! Well, to make a long story short, we are back in operation with one unit, several thousand dollars poorer, but much wiser! Tip #1- Always let your unit cool before gasing up! Better yet, install a separate gas tank with a pump so that you are not fueling around hot equipment! Tip #2- Check your insurance policy to be sure you are adequately covered! This I can not stress enough! Tip#3- Keep a fully charged fire extinguisher on hand at all times!
Thankfully, no one was hurt in this incident. My husband and I were both standing right over the gas tank when it went up, so it is just by the grace of God that things were not worse!
One really great thing that came out of this is that we found a really, really great remote to replace the one that melted! If any of you are 2-stepping you need this product! It has really cut down the time it takes us to wash a truck and trailer! It has great range too! Lots better than the other remote we had! We are going to get another one for our second washer as soon as we get it out of the shop! Thank God, we are so sick of dragging around that great big hose!If you want some info on it let me know.
Anyway, everybody be really careful out there, do good quality work, and make lots of money!! DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICY!!!!!

------------------

Dan S

great advice.........and well said..........

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

Mike Hughes

Glad to hear you both came out of it ok, except for the money perhaps. But we all know that is not the most important thing.

Was your gas tank directly attached to your engine?

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Richard R.

Thanks for the super info.

I second the motion on "Thank GOD you guys made it out a live."

I really hate to hear you lost all of your equipement.

Thanks Again

Richard R
Robinson's HP Mobile Wash
PO Box 1395
Temple, Tx. 76503-13995
254-933-0093
robinsons_mpw@vvm.com

------------------
Always heard that "Cleanliness is next to GODLINESS"

rvagnoni

<FONT COLOR="Blue">Words to live by! Glad everyone is safe!</FONT c>

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus
Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best.
--David O. McKay

ameri-clean

Thanks for the support guys. Both here and in your e-mails. We have enjoyed talking to some of you about our set-up and hearing about yours. Take it easy!

------------------
AMERI-CLEAN Mobile Fleet Wash - Cleaning America One Fleet At A Time

Our Sponsors