semi-truck fleet

D.Martin

Hi all,
I am looking to bid on a new commercial account. I was just wondering what is or would be a good rate for a two axle tractor truck. And the rate for ref trailer? once a week. If you might have an idea what would be a good number,i would appreciate it. I usually do flatwork trying something a little new here so bare with me on this. Thanks

D.M.

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">

There's one small fleet 30 trucks 80 trailers about 3 miles from me and the low bid is 20 for the truck and 15 for the ref.,,,they do not supply water plus they move the rigs to the wash area.

There's another fleet 30 miles from me with 150 trucks just afew trailers and the low bid is 12.50 each.,,,they supply water plus do not move trucks,,they set real close.

D.M fleetwashing is like your flatwork it all depends on alot of things,,,some want the frame and motor washed off each time some don't.

I will not do fleets for no less then 20 a truck and 18 for the ref but thats me others have the know how to do it cheaper.

Really it'll boil down to how many you think you can do in an hour as to get a close price in biding.

Don't bid to low b/c fleets will tie you up to where you may make more money elsewhere as to the time spent doing them.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

D.Martin

Bigboy,
I really appreciate the info I was looking at 15 for the ref, but was looking to adjust that with this question. I wasn't sure if i was even in the ball park on the price for a trailer. Just one other question on this subject. Do most fleets have to be done 2 step? Or can i just brush and wash using a fleet clean. Is there a good psi to use on the motor probably cold water right. These questions are kind of off the wall but, if you don't mind me asking i appreciate it. What would be an average time on a ref trailer. Truck?

Thank you very much bigboy. D.M.

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
NO,they not have to be 2-stepped,it just makes it alot easier and faster for a man crew.

For one guy it will depend,,2-step or brush,,say 10 to 30 mins.

Psi,I use 1500 to 1700 on must all things.The motors will not be that hard to clean in fleetwashing b/c of the weeky washing.One of the fleets I did they wanted the frame and all washed,it was easy to keep them clean when done weeky.Cold or hot will be your choose,I like useing hotwater with upstream soap.

Don't think nothing if the first one takes you a half day to clean,you'll learn how to get faster.This is one area in powerwashing you'll try alot of different chemicals to make it faster. </FONT c>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

D.Martin

Bigboy,

Maybe you can get it staightened out for me. I am kind of confused with the upstream downstream soap. It new to me .

By the way thanks for the input on this i am looking to get the bid out here in a couple of days thanks again. This won't be my last post i learn something new each time i get on here.

D.M.

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT size="3"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">

Sure,upstream chemicals goes threw the pump and burner and downstream does not.
You need a downstream chemical injector to apply chemicals downstream and for upstream,you plumb into the intake of the pump.</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s>

------------------

MobileClean

I just wanted to emphasize the point that Bigboy made about getting faster as you go. The first time I washed my truck ( the one I drive to pay for the house and heat and car and pick-up,etc..)it took me four hours. Now I can wash it in about 15 minutes. Mainly because it's easier to keep it clean than to get it clean, plus the previous washer didn't do such a good job. Since trying it, I am a firm beleiver in the two-step system...it's faster and better and uses less chemicals for me.
Clent

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT size="3"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">
Hey Clent sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those last 23 words guys like us don't use.

Just say you don't like brushing cuzz you'll get the SMITHS on ya back man.

tongue.gif
Take dat SMITH and this
tongue.gif
SMITH and give this
blackeye.gif
to dat brush.</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s>

------------------

Our Sponsors