Cleaning Resin tankers

L

Layman's P/W

Hi all,

Anyone have experiance cleaning out tanker trailers that haul resin.I called on a company that has 150 tanker trailers they wash themselves on the outside but hire someone for the inside washing after each trip.I would like to know more about cleaning these out before I open my mouth.

Thanks
Daren

------------------

Scott Stone

Find out what kind of resin it is.
Plan on a lot of really strong caustics. NaOH will not cut it at the level most contractors use.
You will also need forced air ventilation masks, confined space entry training, a guy on top to pull you out if you pass out, and a few other things that need to be taught.
Also plan on buying new clothes after every day, including your shoes.

There are companies that manufacture tank cleaning equipment. That could be the ticket. They also usually charge $125 a tank.

The first step is finding out what kind of resin it is taking, though.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

L

Layman's P/W

Scott,

Thanks for the information,it sounds like you may have done this before.

Daren

------------------

Scott Stone

NO, I have never cleaned them, thank goodness. I used to drive a resin tanker for a company, so I had to learn what it took to clean them because that was part of my responsibility. I did not do the actual cleaning, but I had to make sure the proper procedures were followed.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Our Sponsors