2 steppin

Chris

I have a few questions about the 2 step process. I was wondering how long I can safely leave the pre-soak (HF) on the substrate before neutralizing with detergent? Is it ok to use a heavily diluted (HF/alum-brightener) on the cab of trucks? Any other information on this process would be appreciated. I want to be as fully educated on this process b-4 I put it to work! Thanks,Chris

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">

"Me" do not apply HF to top of cabs if its going to run down on the windsheild and yes it can be applied to the cab if its HEAVILY DILUTED.I'm talking H-E-A-V-I-L-Y,,,,Do NOT take my mix as a good one but I add one QT. of HF to 15 gal. of HP mix and downstream it on polished trucks which is applied to the windsheild,,,so for I haven't seen no harm.I just use that mix on polished all other I use HF and do not apply it to the to top,also I respray for bugs,the soap will help neut' the HF if any splashs on it.The cabs do not get that dirty just buG-E which your soaps will clean just fine.

If you diluted the HF that much it wouldn't do you no good on the rest of the truck anyway.

I wash alot of polished rigs and warn you on the HF as it will do damage to polished.Advise not to try my mix of HF on polished,it doesn't take much HF to do damage to polished.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Chris

Thanks Bigboy, I have a 35 gallon chemical tank and a guy that has experience with this method told me to mix 5 gal of HF to 30 gal water and it would be ok to cover the entire truck, adviously I will take precaution to the windows and use a different formula for polished aluminum. Do you think this HF mix would be to diluted? Also, I know that its alot of chemical to be going through, but I should be able to go all night long without having to refill chemical tank.
Chris

------------------

Bridget

Bigboy...

Speaking of polished tanks...

A while back, we washed a new rig with a polished tank in 90+ degree weather.
boldfire.gif
The soap alone damaged the appearance of the polished tank.

Looking back on it...we should have taken a clue when the water hit the truck....the bouncing water beads and loud sizzling should have told us it was to hot to wash.
icon39.gif

------------------
Bridget
United Mobile Power Wash
Our Power Is In Our
Performance
WWW.WeWashTrucks.com

Larry L.

Chris,the 5 to 35 may be ok if your not appling though downstream or upstream,it would be to weak if using either that way.The only windows you have to worry about is the windsheild the others it will not hurt.

Hey Bridget there you go again talking about warm weather,burrrr.

Some of those so called polished tanks the soap will do damage,I can tell my loking at a polished tank if its go do damage by the way they look.I've told several drivers their tanks aren't polished right and my soap will take part of it off,,these kind of tanks are usually done my the drivers using only rags and my hand,,,it takes power tools to do it right.
Polishing would be a good trade to learn,there are not many that knows how the right way.May be b/c its a dirty nasty job if done right.

One more thing,your casutic soaps will do damage to polished if its strong enough to clean the paint,I use alkaline soaps only for this.The casutic will leave brown streaks if to strong on polished and bare aluminum only difference is on bare aluminum you can use HF to remore.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Chris

Hey bigboy, I was planning on using my adjustable down stream inj. to apply this mix. Do you think It will be too diluted to do anything? If there is a better ratio please let me know. Appreciate the help!!

Chris

------------------

Larry L.

Yes,I think 5 to 35 would be to weak though downstream injection.
My mix rate is
eek.gif
1 to 1 but is metered though a downstreamer with a 2.3mm orifice.Some of the trucks will take more then others as the reason for the 1 to 1 mix.I can ajust the mix with the metering valve on the downstreamer if need be.

I think if I was you and was going to apply with downstreamer I would mix up 5 gal.and start at 1 to 5,then either + or - the mix to your rig and downstreamer.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

Our Sponsors