Spray tip

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">Anybody using a 40 deg to wash trucks with?

For several years I thought the 15 deg was best tip to use b/c ever powerwasher around here used them.I would try the 25 deg everyonce in awhile but would always go back to the 15 deg.I finally learned how to use the 25 deg and now only use the 15 deg for those speical trucks.I've been trying to learn how to use the 40 deg to wash the big rigs.I made myself use it all day Sunday and I'm not to crazy about washing with it yet but loved the way it rinsed.
I looked tonight but couldn't find what I thought was 35 deg fan tip in my ordering books,I'm lazy so help me find if you can.Even a 30 would do,I'd like to work my way up to the distance of the 40 deg tho.
I worked what there wand Sunday and wasted alot of chemicals b/c I was not use to the distance it was taking plus I cann't get use to holding it what close to the truck.I found out I was getting more hotwater on the surface with the 40 deg then with the 25 deg tho.Have you mastered the 40 deg in fleetwashing?</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

L

Layman's P/W

Bigboy,

I never use anything else. A fourty degree tip
has a better pattern for me.

Daren

------------------

Dave Olson

Hello Bigboy,

We have been using 65 degree tips for many years. Before that we used 40's. 65's are faster. Keep in mind though we use the "B" word all the time when doing fleets!

We put all of our tips in quick disconnects. Our truck tips are also mounted in 45 degree street els, with disconnect. We use 6504 tips on our primary unit running at about 2500 psi. Our smaller pump (5800 Hotsy) only runs about 1800 psi, so we use 6506 tips with that unit. When we have really dirty (garbage or dump) trucks we prewash using 4.5 rotary tips.

Wand length. My guys prefer 4 foot wands. If we are doing trailers they generally switch to 6 or 8 footers.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

Bill Clough

Give this a try on really dirty trucks.
I wash Limestone Dumptrucks, that work in the pit 85% of the time, these dudes get really nasty with lime mud. I have to get all the mud off, the underside of the bed, Steps, fuel tanks, frames, axles, and wheels.
Trust Me I've tried just about everything in the book,and I have found that my X-Jet works just as well as any thing in my nozzel box (zeros,rotery ect.).My X-Jet will take any amount of pressure, or heat that I can dish out to it, say 250deg.at 3500psi. and it don't wear it out.Don't get Me wrong a DK Rotory nozzel is a good tool to have,but when it comes to severe duty the X-Jet don't cost Me $45 to rebuild every few weeks.

------------------
Bill (CPS CLEANING and RESTORATION)
(740)819-2566

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">
Yel Bill I'll agree,I even have my little hole pluged up.Thats all I use the x-jet for is to knock mud off,I get several muddy Grainhaulers that goes in and out of the feilds plus up and down gravel roads when wet.Also I do alot of farm eqt. at end of harvest,I use several different nozzels but guess which one I use first yel I can knock alot of it off without getting to muddy
laughing.gif
and I use it for the final rinse down on the farm eqt.,wheeeeeew.I call't my mud knocker cuzz I can stand back out of the dust and mud and knock it off,me stay cleaner dat way.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Dan S

BIG-BULL DOG (BOY)

i always use a 40

and since i never do houses i have found that the x-jet works great for equipment i also have the soap hole plugged.....it works great for doing those log-trucks you can stand on ground and do alot with just holding the gun with a x-jet attachment.........
also great for loader's and skidder's ......keeps that grease off ya real good............

------------------
YES I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkViolet">
For those of you that use the 40 deg to wash with,on a 3000psi.,5 or 5.5gpm rig,what size do you use? 4005,405.5,407.5 or bigger.I like using between 1500 to 1800psi on trucks and I using a worn out 25-7.5 to get that on a 3000psi.,5.5 rig.Do I need to stay with the 7.5 with a 40 deg or will I need more force.

Hey Dan,I didn't know you washed log-ing eqt.,before I down sized I washed log-ing eqt. also.I never did get stuck but dat sawdust gets soft when loaded,made the Z get down and do some pulling
laughing.gif

There while back I said I didn't like doing Rockhaulers,when I down sized I stopped washing them.I'm still not crazy about doing them but this week I started washing 5 polished rigs weekly,they finally talked me into with the under standing thats all the rockhailers I wanted to do.Could have pickup 15 more rockhaulers but hey they just one of me,cann't do them all
eek.gif
.Sence I started back full time its show balled on me again,I cann't keep up.I don't want to get back to where I was at work all time from before sun up to after sun down.
Its funny when I was needing help I couldn't find or keep it but in the last month I've had 5 people asking for a job,NO NO NO NO NO I don't want to get no bigger,I'm going to keep the 2 spare rigs tho just in case I change my mind which I do off'en
hapfac01.gif
.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

L

Layman's P/W

Bigboy,

I use a 5.5 forty degree with my washer (3000 @ 5 gallons)but I don't need that much pressure.
I have never used a X-jet on equipment I use a turbo on a dual lance and adjust the pressure accordingly works great for me but next time I will try the X-jet.

Daren

------------------

Our Sponsors