bidding restaurant floor

Tony H

Hi to all. I've been asked to bid a restaurant floor. How would I go about doing this??? If the drains are clogged up how do I get them to flow bettter??? Should I squeegie out to drain??? Is there a good degreaser to use??? I just have no clue on what to charge....any help would be great!!
thanks
tony

D

David l Saulque

Originally posted by Tony H:
Hi to all. I've been asked to bid a restaurant floor. How would I go about doing this??? If the drains are clogged up how do I get them to flow bettter??? Should I squeegie out to drain??? Is there a good degreaser to use??? I just have no clue on what to charge....any help would be great!!
thanks
tony

You could find that you are asking for problems-I would refer it to a hood cleaner if I were you. I just service hood systems only and I know what could be in for. If the drains are backed up, it tells me that the store is not haveing reg. service-thus problems. When we serveie the hoods and drop to the floor the chem. for the most part would clear the drains-but we carry spiner nozzels that clear slow and blocked drains. Once the drains are cleared you must protect the equipment-electrical outlets-and on and on. If this does not put fear in you give it a try-the worst that could happen is a $3500 blow elect. box. You must be prepared and work with caution.

Good luck

David

------------------

Paul

Make sure you have a surface cleaner, and some help for moving all the stuff so you can get to all the places you can with it. It sure beats the splatter from wand washing the entire floor. I used a shop vac from sears that pumps out the liquid as you suck it up so I was able to run the drain hose to an open mop sink drain. I had 1 guy sweep up next to me as I washed with the surface cleaner.
Price varies depending on how NASTY it is. I did a couple of floors before when I lived in TX and I figured it so I got $125.00 per hour.

Good Luck,
Paul

Our Sponsors