Winter fleet washing/ Got light?

Chris

I know its about spring time and its lighter later but what about the winter months? How do you guys go about setting up your accounts to wash in the light? Or do you just use BIG lights?

Thanks,

Chris

------------------

Bridget

No doubt that during the winter months your wash time is cut pretty drastically. In Mich. our washing is done (if at all possible)between 11:00 am to 3:00 pm give or take an hour.

When the first snow falls we notify our customers of our winter weather washing policy. We offer an opportunity for them to reschedule their wash.

Many of our customers are on a split cycle. They get washed every other week in the summer, then they switch to weekly washes in the winter...for 2 reasons.

One, the trucks are at their dirtiest. Two, they know that if they are on the board for a weekly wash, when we are frozen out one week they are on the board for the following week. Our EOW customers sometime suffer as a result of not switching...that's where we step in and sell them on a more frequent wash schedule.
smile.gif

It also helps to have accounts where washing is done inside. (i.e. bakeries, package delivery companies etc...) Those companies will be your bread and butter through the winter.

------------------
Bridget
United Mobile Power Wash
Our Power Is In Our
Performance
WWW.WeWashTrucks.com

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
Same here in Ark.,10:00 to 3:00 give or take either way.If not carefull you'll freeze the doors shut plus brakes.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Jackrabbit

Bridget,

Your comment that bakeries could become the bread and butter thru the winter got us thinking.....

That you could:
Consider dairy trucks as a cash cow opportunity
Develop repeat business washing radish farm trucks
Get a head with brewery delivery vehicles
Raise your spirits washing for a distillery
Get board(sp?)doing lumber rigs
...stoned washing gravel trucks
...shingles doing roofing rigs
...trashed working on garbage trucks
...bushed on landscaping trailers
Of course, tobacco wagon business is growing like a bad weed, plate glass delivery trucks can be a pane, PVC delivery fleets are a pipe dream but soda delivery washing business is always poppin'

Don't mind me, it's been a long day capped by a long night and I'm heading for a hot bath and a couple fingers of Mr. Jack Daniel's best before I settle in for my four hours' sleep before we start it all again.

JRabbit

Bridget

<FONT COLOR="Purple">Touché, Jack </FONT c>

I think with a little more of this we could spice up "Just Fleets"...who said Fleet Washers can't keep going and going and going...

------------------
Bridget
United Mobile Power Wash
Our Power Is In Our
Performance
WWW.WeWashTrucks.com

Our Sponsors